GMC Truck Forum banner

My 1999 RCSB build

32K views 152 replies 29 participants last post by  Big Country z71 
#1 ·
I have a 1999 RCSB stepside 1500 it is my first vehicle in general I got the truck on stocks (no pics of that stage) then I dumped my savings into wheels and tires

16x8 Eagle alloy bullet holes with 285/75r16 nitto Terra grapplers then not too long ago I bought some 22x12 gear alloy 726m and 305/40r22 lexani lx nine tires which are shorter than my 285's but I dig the look
head lights are eBay clears I picked the billet inserts up from a buddy and the grille is the factory tahoe grille

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

See less See more
#8 ·
Looks pretty good, but I would assume you are rubbing like crazy with that set up!

Only a few things I'd change if it were my truck:

1. Ditch the tails for some candied stocks or aftermarket tinted. VHT makes your truck look cheap.

2. Pull moldings and fix fiberglass bedside (If possible to fix crack/split)

3. Color match bumper plastics

Truck looks clean for the year, with a few minor tweaks it would be perfect! Already have a great thing going, keep it up!

#9 ·
Thanks man.. I'm looking to fix the side and when I do I'm gonna pull the moldings paint the steps the bed caps the bumper plastics and paint around the chrome caps on the mirrors and I might go up 4"s just to see if that'll help with scrubbing and also like you said finding some factory tails to candy cause mine we're already in bad shape before I painted them

#15 ·
I know what I'm doing for a new "work truck" in the spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.