GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got bored at work. Figured I'd make a thread of my truck build.
first got the truck with 60,000 miles
got a leveling kit then had a wreck so got a boondock bumper
removed the side steps and got some new wheels and tires and removed the bed rails.
some other mods done are LED grill lights, LED tail lights and third brake lights with smoked headlights, Airaid cold air jr. Kit. JET mass air flow sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust, edge evo ht programmer, 20% tint, kenwood double-din touch screen with jl 8" sub, and line-x bed liner.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Looks good, any plans on color matching the door handles?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idk really haven't thought of that. I plan on blacking out the chrome strip on the door molding with plasti dip first in case i dont like it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wheels looks good!
Demold the doors, remove the 4x4, tow mirrors, etc.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thats cool. Was looking at the pictures again and It actually might look ok with your color truck. Lighter colored trucks I think it looks terrible.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah i know. The more chrome i take off the better it looks. I still need to get the back bumper to match the front tho

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been thinking of different ideas on stuff that i can do. Im wanting a 4 inch lift since i had to decrank the T-bars (they were causing cvs to bind up). Also anyone else have a problem with 305/50 tires on 20x10 -24 wheels rubbing with a leveling kit? Anyone have any suggestions on different things i can do?

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
305s/50 will rub, i had 295/55 with a leveling kit and had to trim on 20X10 wheels and your tires will be about an inch wider than mine, its doable but not ideal, i suggest doing a 1.5" body lift to give it that perfect clearance

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
305s/50 will rub, i had 295/55 with a leveling kit and had to trim on 20X10 wheels and your tires will be about an inch wider than mine, its doable but not ideal, i suggest doing a 1.5" body lift to give it that perfect clearance
Iven never been a fan of body lifts tho. Just personal preference. Thats why i want a 4inch lift. plus i could stuff lil bit bigger tires with haveing the t-keys on top of the lift as when i had the keys installed they didn't give me my stock keys back.

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
Iven never been a fan of body lifts tho. Just personal preference. Thats why i want a 4inch lift. plus i could stuff lil bit bigger tires with haveing the t-keys on top of the lift as when i had the keys installed they didn't give me my stock keys back.
bet you couldn't tell my truck had a BL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts