GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just traded in my 07 nnbs sierra a few weeks Ago on a 2015 gmc sierra 2500 hd. It's my first diesel and I'm loving it so far.

It's a hell of a lot more power than my old 5.3 with 6" fabtech on it.

After telling myself repeatedly before I bought it that all I was gonna do was out wheels on it ( I do the same shit with every vehicle I've ever owned) I went ahead and ordered a pro comp 6" for it.

So basically the look I'm going for is something not too crazy ( we've got bumper limit laws here in Maryland) but also stands out at the same time. I can't stand pulling up to a light and have the same exact shit as the guy next to me. I'm going for a proportional lift / wheel / tire combo with a little bit of a cencal inspiration.

So, I picked the lift up yesterday and dropped it off at the powder coated today. The front crossmember, rear crossmember, skid plate, torsion bar drops, lift blocks and bump stop brackets will all be powdered fluorescent green. It's a little flashy but I think it will go well with the iridium paint.

So after talking with my mechanic, he quickly talked me out of 20x12 because the cops wouldn't leave me alone around here and it might not work with the lift. I opted for some 20x10 BMF novakane stealth wheels and 35x12.50 trail grappler mt's. Of course, the 20x10's were back ordered 6-8 weeks so I have to settle with the 20x9's for now. I'll see how it looks when I get everything on, but I may go 20x10's or 20x12's in the future, depending on how much clearance I've got.

Lift and wheels should hopefully be done in 2 weeks. Other plans will be color matching the bumpers and grille, as well as some random black paint and maybe a few flo green accents throughout.

Let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Ur gonna have to do a lot to pull off a fluorescent green lift. Otherwise it'll just look all jank

·
Yuuuuuppppppp
1,055 Posts
Your gonna hate those narrower x9s with only a 35. Buddy did a pro comp and 35s look horrible small.

Good general thought and direction. I say 37s or bust though

·
GMFS Member
749 Posts
Lift and wheels should hopefully be done in 2 weeks. Other plans will be color matching the bumpers and grille, as well as some random black paint and maybe a few flo green accents throughout.
I don't know what this is about but I'm gonna go ahead and say don't do it

·
Roll Tide
868 Posts
You seem like you have your mind pretty much made up, since the lift is already at the powder stage. But if you are going to have a flashy, neon color like that, you need to have atleast 20x12, if not 22x12 or x14 to pull it off. Powder colors like that are for the cencal trucks, or atleast the fully built proportional guys. X9s just won't do it. Especially if they are black

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your gonna hate those narrower x9s with only a 35. Buddy did a pro comp and 35s look horrible small.

Good general thought and direction. I say 37s or bust though

The only way I can fit 37's is to do. At least a 7-9 or 8-10 lift, and that would put me way over the bumper height law

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the lift is at the powder coat guy but they haven't started yet. I have until Monday to change my mind. Everyone I tell about the green is like idk man. What other colors would you guys suggest? The only other color I was thinking about is maybe like a Candy Apple red kinda like the color of the taillights and the gmc emblem.

I just want something different than the black lift that every other guy around here has.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
What u mean?

Don't mind them. Previous truck looks good. I'm sure this one will to.

If it's not all color matched, chromed, x12's at least, 22's, cencal, face up, ass down, toyos, then it doesn't look good in there eyes.

Your fronting the bill, make it how you want. Fuck gmfs and these look alike trucks. Gay as shit. Oh and for the record, I have rock stars too, fuck the haters!

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

·
lol u tryna fukc tonight?
6,229 Posts
Don't mind them. Previous truck looks good. I'm sure this one will to.

If it's not all color matched, chromed, x12's at least, 22's, cencal, face up, ass down, toyos, then it doesn't look good in there eyes.

Your fronting the bill, make it how you want. Fuck gmfs and these look alike trucks. Gay as shit. Oh and for the record, I have rock stars too, fuck the haters!

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, shut up scrub. You ever think that a lot of the trucks look a certain way because that is the way that looks the cleanest? Learn the meaning of aesthetics you idiot. My truck isn't on chrome wheels, not color matched, no x12s or 22s and it is still appreciated for its looks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn someone hasn't been getting any pussy lately.

Anyways, what do y'all think about the candy red instead of the flo green. It think it would still look good with the iridium paint , but be a little more subtle. The lift, wheels and tires is what it is for now. I

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Lol, shut up scrub. You ever think that a lot of the trucks look a certain way because that is the way that looks the cleanest? Learn the meaning of aesthetics you idiot. My truck isn't on chrome wheels, not color matched, no x12s or 22s and it is still appreciated for its looks.
Lolz. This. Chances truck is clean as fuck. Op I'd do any color other than fluorescent green

·
Yuuuuuppppppp
1,055 Posts
The only way I can fit 37's is to do. At least a 7-9 or 8-10 lift, and that would put me way over the bumper height law

With a 20x9 you would be fine running 37s. Guys are doing hardly anything on the 15s and clearing 35s easily. One of the guys cleared 22x9.5 +18 mavericks on 285/55 22 nittos (34.5x11.8) and did nothing. They cleared with zero fender mods.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll play with it once I get the lift on and see how much room I've got. I've been rolling around the idea of putting the 37x12.50 trail grappler mt's on it. We will see.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts