GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Cali Customs
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need major assistance ..
im running MCG 3/5 and im going to go lower on the rear .. i have 24's and 305/35/24 will i have any issues with 2"Shackles ?

and any part number of some good shackles ..!

Joe

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
i hope so ...

yes hangers and flipkit
If you're thinking of adding 2" drop shackles to that setup, all it will do is RAISE you 2", giving you a 3/3 drop. The most you can do is add a 1" lift shackle for another inch of drop for 6" out back.

It behaves opposite because the shackle is flipped. :read:

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts
If you're thinking of adding 2" drop shackles to that setup, all it will do is RAISE you 2", since the shackle is flipped. The most you can do is add a 1" lift shackle for another inch of drop for 6" out back.

It behaves opposite because the shackle is flipped. :read:
ah, yes he is correct. I was wondering if you went that way or not.

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Are NNBS trucks that much different? On my OBS I had a flip and a shackle for 8" of rear drop. I guess I don't understand why a drop shackle would raise the rear up

·
1,847 Posts
Are NNBS trucks that much different? On my OBS I had a flip and a shackle for 8" of rear drop. I guess I don't understand why a drop shackle would raise the rear up
Because the leafs are flipped so it makes everything do the opposite of what it would normally do.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Because the leafs are flipped so it makes everything do the opposite of what it would normally do.
No, the leafs being on the opposite side of the axle has nothing to do with it. The fact that he has the flip kit AND the shackle flip for the rear (the rear hanger) that makes the lift shackle drop and drop shackle lift.

A flip kit and drop shackle with the stock rear hanger would be 8 or 9 inches of drop.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Think of it like this. The principal behind a drop shackle is that it moves the "eye" of the leaf spring closer to the top of the bed, making it drop. Stock, the shackle points up, so a longer shackle will drop the truck.

With the rear hanger, it flips the shackle to point down. So a drop shackle would move the eye of the leaf spring lower, making it raise the truck. And a lift shackle would drop.

The reason he has the flip hanger with flip kit is that the flip kit is 7" of drop and the shackle flip is 2" of raise with stock shackle. Put those together and you have 5" rear drop.

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Ok I got ya, it has a rear hanger flip. I guess I'm just used to OBS trucks. So the truck in question has a flip kit (7" drop) and a shackle flip (2" lift) netting a 5" drop...right?

Why don't you just reinstall the stock shackle hanger?

Thanks for clearing it up (if I got It right LOL)

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Ok I got ya, it has a rear hanger flip. I guess I'm just used to OBS trucks. So the truck in question has a flip kit (7" drop) and a shackle flip (2" lift) netting a 5" drop...right?

Why don't you just reinstall the stock shackle hanger?

Thanks for clearing it up (if I got It right LOL)
He could, mine was bent to shit when I got done with it. Its riveted on so I used a cut off wheel and air hammer to get the rivets.

·
Registered
64 Posts
if it's flipped, the axle is on top of the leafs. not under the leafs like stock.
stock hangers, or blocks to go lower.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Looks like your hanger is flipped. I'd just flip it back to normal for an extra 2 inches of drop.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts