GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something came in today! :)

22s for the Suburban are being cleaned in the background.

More aggressive thread pattern!

Almost 3" taller than what's on there now.

They would normally be on the truck by now but I spent about 4-5 hours detailing the truck for an event last weekend... then it snowed last night. Spring is right around the corner so it's not leaving the garage until the roads are clean. I want to get some pictures before the truck gets dirty again :)

Tom

2002 8.1 Silverado HD - Comp Cam, TOG headers, Volant induction, Direct Hits ignition, 8" lift ect... - 4.56s, 37s plus more coming soon!
2002 8.1 Suburban -Intercooled Whipple supercharger, TOG headers, Volant induction, 22" wheels/tires + more - 407hp/558 ft-lb torque at the rear wheels.

www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Awesome. I look forward to seeing those on the truck. :rocking:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
:head: :head:

Cant wait to see them on

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

Question for anyone that has switched over to a taller set of tires (like 35s - 37s). Did your ride change at all? I'm thinking it might get a little better (softer).

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Angry Samoan said:
SO, Are the 37" made out of a softer compound? I thought the XTC X-Terrain would wear out faster than the old x-terrain?
Im not sure because Ive heard mixed reports, but I think they make 2 versions of the 37", one with the same compound as the smaller tires, and then the XTC ones. Some things I see make this look true, others make it look like they are all XTC. Hopefully Tom can help clear this up.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine are the XTC. The other wheels road on 7.75" of tire while these have 9" between the wheel and road. The ride will usually become firm if you go with a larger diameter wheel but keep the same tire diameter (less sidewall). I'm thinking my ride will improve because there will be more sidewall than the other tires. I have them aired to 40psi (came in at 28).

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I switched from my 35" BFGs to 36" PJs the ride was much better.
Guess that means I can crank the torsion bars a little more and have the same ride quality :rocking:

Just kidding.... kind of :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sevenfold said:
Weld Renegades
For some reason they don't look like the wheels pictured on Weld's EVO website. Anyone know if the Renegades are the same as the Renegade XTs or are they two different wheels?

tbyrne said:
Just kidding.... kind of :)
No your not! :LOL: Unfortunately there is no cure for the disease we have :bawl:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Renegades are more of a street wheel while the Renegade XTs have an offroad look with the simulated beam lock.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have 4.56s that haven't went in yet (the fronts were soooooooo hard to find!). I'm wondering if I should go with 4.88s instead.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
So, Back to the wear issue. I am curious how long these xtc x-terrains will last on the street. I went through two sets of 315 x-terrain and was very pleased. When I saw the 37" x-terrain are made of a softer compound it made me not buy them.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you re gearing?
Not sure if I gave the answer you were looking for. I'm currently running on 4.10s. The motor turns at about 1750 RPMs at 60 MPH with the old tires. I'll probably be looking at about 1500 with the 37s.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts