GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Slawinitup said:
Um.... i spray gun and a oven
Not quite .... I have this

It's now only $99 from http://www.eastwoodco.com ... the box has a alligator clip your clip to the part and it charges the part so the powder sticks. Then you spray the powder on. Once it's covered, you transfer it to an oven and bake it till the powder starts to flow out into a liquid and then you bake it a while longer to the part cures and is dry.

This is some of the stuff I have done for my '55 Pickup

·
Registered
353 Posts
bcubed said:
Not quite .... I have this

It's now only $99 from http://www.eastwoodco.com ... the box has a alligator clip your clip to the part and it charges the part so the powder sticks. Then you spray the powder on. Once it's covered, you transfer it to an oven and bake it till the powder starts to flow out into a liquid and then you bake it a while longer to the part cures and is dry.

This is some of the stuff I have done for my '55 Pickup

Nice.

Would I want to use the house oven or a junk on to do this?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
5.3vortec said:
Nice.

Would I want to use the house oven or a junk on to do this?
Get a junker one, the burnners dont even have to work, just the oven ... youc an do it with heat lamps, but I havent had as much success. Professionals buy larger commercial ovens made just for powder coating.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
5.3vortec said:
I realy need to invest in some thing like that.

How much is the powder and can you get it any where?
like $9 for a 8oz can, $25 for 2 lbs, $50 for 5 lbs and so on .. it goes a pretty good ways .. specialty coatings, like chrome or cameleon are obviously more. And I get mine from Eastwood, but there are others that sell it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no chrome is silver. The bubles is from i started to go over it a second time to flush the to bars and i ran out of gas. house ovens IR laps dont cure the powder right thats why its called a hobby set up. the hot coat powder also dont hold up all that well i tryed it at first. my last gun ran me 1k used and my oven was 3k nice setup prep work is what takes so long it has to be perfect

1 - 13 of 13 Posts