GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up at an auction pretty cheap, runs great (nice 350), but still needs a little work. I need to revamp the interior, fix a few non-working gagues, fix a few rust spots and repaint. Oh yeah and the first thing I need to do is get rid of the toolbox.

Anyone know where I can get reasonably priced parts for the interior. (carpet, bench, headliner, belts) I found some nicely priced parts online, but have not rebuilt a car since my 67 Camaro in the mid 80's so I have been out of the loop for quite some time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I am becoming more and more infatuated with fixing her up. I'm down in Fredericksburg

·
GM Parts Consultant
591 Posts
you've got a pm

·
Registered
88 Posts
i got my carpet and belts out of the LMC Truck catolog..... prices aint bad, havent found the same shit for cheaper yet....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks folks, got a catalog on the way. I appreciate the advice, and I'm sure I'll be asking for more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I TOO HAVE A 77 PROJECT, CUSTOM DELUXE K20, I'M FIXING HER UP TO BE NICE DAILY DRIVER AND A FUN MACHINE. I'M IN CALIFORNIA BUT IF YOU FIND ANYTHING ON INLINE SIX ENGINES, 292, IT WOULD HELP...:bowtie:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got my LMC Truck catalog in the mail the other day. Hellllloooo Christmas list. Once I get the fuel sending unit replaced and she's good for inspection I'll start on the interior. The one thig that I am not happy with is trying to find a stereo to fit her. I can buy a retro one thru LMC that fits right in but it's 350$ for an am/fm cassette. I don't want to have to cut, so if someone knows where I can find one at a bit better of a price I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm also waiting to find someone to buy my 89 Mazda MX6 turbo, so I can use the space and extra $ on my truck.

·
They call me Skinny....
358 Posts
Yeah, LMC does have pretty good deals on most stuff, but you gotta' watch 'em sometimes. Classic Parts also stocks 73-87 GM Truck parts and catalogs. Their radios are a little less....they range from $165-295.00 I think. Year One also carries parts and accessories. Between the three I haven't come across anything I can't find. Basically.....If they aint got it, you don't need it. BTW....Nice truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's a pain to install a cd deck in our trucks. The way to do it is take a die grinder with a wheel on it and cut the necessary sized hole to fit a deck in. Then you will have to do other minor modifications. Mine fits better than any of my other vehicles.. It's not bad if you know what your doing and take your time.

·
Registered
554 Posts
When it comes to LMC - buyer beware. I had to find this out the hard way when ordering parts for my '78 Blazer - parts inscribed with those three wonderful words: MADE IN CHINA.

It won't fit like OEM....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts