GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a long shot but who cares. Cut this straight from the Craigslist add

The time has come to sell my super clean 1996 Impala SS. I have owned this car for about a year and it’s been a blast to drive. It’s been more of a toy so it’s only been driven about 5k by me. The new Pontiac G8’s have caught my eye so the SS must go. I bought this car last year from an older couple who were the original owners. They took meticulous care of the car. I have over $22,000 in receipts and record from maintenance and repairs done to the car. I have every document in a file. I can’t stress enough the care they took of this car.

On to the major repairs. The transmission was replaced about 25k miles ago. The whole car received a $3000 paint job back in 2003. It took me sifting through the records to even know it had been repainted. The reason they had it repainted was as you may know the impalas had paint issues that caused them to fade in certain areas. You don’t have to worry about that with this SS. The problem has already been taken care of for you.

If you know the impalas most have disgusting looking interior. I don’t know what it is about them that makes the carpet get so dirty. You don’t have to worry about that with this one. The previous owner had house hold rugs laid down to protect the carpet and mats lol. Like I said before I can’t stress how clean this car is.

The car has 193k on the odometer but you would never guess that when you see it. I searched high and low for a car in this condition. Don’t let the miles scare you. This car looks and runs great. It’s never been wrecked and I’m only the second owner. If you have been wanting a clean SS then you have found the one.

I forgot to mention the car is 100% stock besides the exhaust and the window tint.

$7500 OBO

I had a $250 full detail done on the car about 5 months ago

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah. Right now is not the right time in my life to have a shit load of cars sitting around. I def do not have the room to keep it protected. I have always wanted to own one and it's pretty cool that i got the chance. Most people don't get what they want in life they just get what they need. I never wanted to keep it forever. Time for me to have a newer vehicle. If i knew i could sell the truck without a serious hassle it would be gone too.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Good luck on the sale. I'd buy it, but 193k miles just sounds like alot.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck on the sale. I'd buy it, but 193k miles just sounds like alot.
Dude if you could just see the car you would never know. The only thing stock on the car is the engine. When something broke they fixed it. I'll be honest these cars had alot of weird things that would go wrong from the factory. Lucky for me the original owner fixed everything the minute it broke or acted up. They even replaced the stock cd player with a new one a few weeks before i bought the car bc the lights went out in it. Who does that lol. You don't get 22k in recipts for a neglected car. I can't stress it enough. I too agree about the miles being high. But once you get to see the car and comprehend how nice the car is the miles are just a number.

I could honestly switch the cluster out with one for 80k and you would never ever know. You will not find a cleaner more documented SS for the money. EVER

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it's amazing how clean it is for the age and milage. There is only 2 imperfections in the paint. Not even dedicated dings. and one scrape on the front bumper that has been touched up. you can see it the detail picture with my truckin the backround.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dang I wish I had the cash right now. I've always wanted one. Oh well, good luck with the sale dude.
Beg borrow or steal. If you have ever wanted one this is the one to have.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The car will have brand new tires all around in a few days. Going with some fatties out back :)

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Congrats. G8 GT?

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats. G8 GT?
Thats what i want. I need to do some number crunching to see what i can afford without spreading myself too thin. If i can't swing it i might pick up a used Tahoe for 8-10k and try to flip it down the road like i did the SS. Pretty much drove the SS for a year for free. Made a few bucks in the end so i'm happy.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Pending funds monday!
:roflmao:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply i got all your information about the car and am ok
with it, i will be making your payment monday i need your full name and
address to make your payment today through electronic check i will handle the shipment myself.

All what you need about the mode of payment is to get a Blank check paper and magnetic versa ink to print the check, the check will be sent to your email and you get it printed from it. You can get this materials from the following stores.

1. Office Depot
2. Office Max
3. Staples Store
4. Stationery Store
5. Compusa.

When you get this materials you can print the check out and immediately after the printing you can then get the check cashed at your Bank or any bank of america branch around you I will wait for you to confirm and clear the check.
The payment will be in excess as i will want you to contact my shipper with the excess fund for shipping the car after you must have confirmed and cashed the check.i will wait for your bank to clear the check so you can deduct your own money and send the excess fund to the shipper via Western Union Money Transfer so as to cover the cost of shipping the car from your place to it's destination. I will add extra 100$ for the purchasing of check paper and magnetic versa ink.

For more information about the mode of payment you can check the website www.qchex.com and know more about it .Dont worry i will handle the shipping myself with my shipper. you can IM on this ID [email protected] or call me on 9145954296 for more information.

Thanks and God Bless

1 - 20 of 35 Posts