GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 722 Posts

·
North Raised, South Bound
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:read: A LOT OF THE PIC'S STOPPED WORKING, SO FOR THE MISSING/NON-WORKING PICTURES GO HERE! :read:

As I bought it:

6" RCX NTD w/ Chassis Tech Lift Keys, Steering Stabilizer & AAL:

Painted rear axle black:

Lift done:

Got the smashed up bumper replaced and the mounts straightened out, as well I painted the grill color matched, the bowtie GM Metallic Black & billet grill inserts (waiting on stock/clear headlights and stock taillights, which I am going to probably smoke):

The HIDs are actually pure white, they just look blue because of my camera.

I also put red LED's in the gauge cluster, which match my pioneer head unit.

Putting a 3" BL on right now, pics to come. 37x13.50 Nitto Mud Grappler's and 20x12 Fuel Octane's (Black) going on within a couple weeks...

The rimz R in... :banana-mario:

This is a 13" tire it is sitting on (Just for reference).

The cab is body lifted in this photo and the front bumper is back on. I still have to wait for a friend to help me take the box off and set it on some work horses, so I can drill and tap the 6 bolts that broke off. :blah: Hopefully be done with the truck by monday (01/17/2011).

Still working on the bed, but I have the tires mounted now. I'm about to go test fit them for shitz'n'gigglez.

:read: A LOT OF THE PIC'S STOPPED WORKING, SO FOR THE MISSING/NON-WORKING PICTURES GO HERE! :read:

·
4,376 Posts
Alright, first and formost. If your driving down the road and you hit a bump, and your ride is not smooth, but hard, its your shocks man. Did you get an alignment done, that will help equal tire wear out. As for the slack "loose steering" you have u-joints on your steering, they become worn especially if you don't grease them, jiffy lube, and other shops dont grease crap like they are supposed to.
business neon sign
website creator
What the hell, brah? Think you posted on the wrong thread... Never said anything about bad ride/bad alignment/loose steering.

·
Hillbilly
1,525 Posts
since your only gonna run 35's with 9 inches of lift I would go with a x12 instead of a x10, it would look much better having the wider stance and it would help fill the fenderwells. Which XD's are you planning on going with.

·
Banned
953 Posts
Because its Al, and its impossible for him not to stir shit up and get noticed within seconds.

:rofl: at pee-pee-ponky. Swing and a miss.

Should look good when done Bill, hows the winter drivin dem tires?

·
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seriously, how can you get banned after only 6 post?

BTW, truck is coming along nicely.
Thanks, I hope it looks as good as I am hoping it will, when done.

since your only gonna run 35's with 9 inches of lift I would go with a x12 instead of a x10, it would look much better having the wider stance and it would help fill the fenderwells. Which XD's are you planning on going with.
Once I get the body lift on, I should be between 10-11" of total lift I'm planning on either one of these (haven't fully decided):

Because its Al, and its impossible for him not to stir shit up and get noticed within seconds.

:rofl: at pee-pee-ponky. Swing and a miss.

Should look good when done Bill, hows the winter drivin dem tires?
Thanks, I'm not actually driving it right now, which I am glad of. I want to make it to Texas, before I rot it out from Michigan's wonderful salt. :crazy:
I however took it for a test run in the yard the other day for shits n' giggles. This was the end result:

My windshield was frosty and I just came up the hill (just to the right of where the picture ends), and it stopped. :eek: I wasn't able to back out. I looked at my front right tire and only about the outer inch of the tire was starting to hit dirt, hence the cranking w/o an alignment yet. :rofljest:

·
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Added a couple pics. Will add some more of the Body Lift soon...

·
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright, so I have the cab lifted. Two of the bolts on the back of the bed, came right out, but the other six broke off. :shrug: I am getting 6 oversized bolts, drill and tap so I can finish the body lift. I just ordered the 20x12 Black Fuel Octanes with a -44 offset today. $846 Shipped FTMFW :D

·
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haven't actually drove it yet. Its half apart in the garage right now. Have to finish the body lift yet and the new wheels are supposed to be here Thursday.

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
:pepper:

Gonna be sweet dude!

·
just giver
133 Posts
thats gona look diirty, prety much the same thing im doing with my truck exept im getting 20x10 monsters

1 - 20 of 722 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.