GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my AC running full blast today and it completely shut off at random. :think: I backed it off to number 4 and it worked just fine but it wouldn't work on level 5 for several minutes. What could cause this?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. Hopefully it doesn't do that anymore because I love having my 5 speed AC :jester:

·
Registered
768 Posts
I had to replace the blower motor wire harness. I lost max blower speed, then began to smell a burning electrical odor. If you move the harness while at max setting it would turn back on, but would get hot and smell bad.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally took it to the dealer and they said my blower, resistor and wire all melted together. Your total comes to $500. :suicide:

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
fuck. mine did something while back but it hasnt done it lately. i went to turn my air on full blast and it wouldnt do shit, so i backed it down to 4 and it worked and a few minutes later 5 worked. hope its not the same problem

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That sounds very similar. Try to locate the resistor before it's too late and you have to replace the blower as well. :imo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts