GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TurtlePusher
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got the garage wired up with 220 this weekend, and go the air compressor and filter mounted. the top set is a filter/regulator/lubricator for the air tools, the bottom set is a air cleaner/dryer/filter/regulator for painting. As for the compressor, it is a 60 gallon, single stage IR, 3hp running, [email protected] 90psi.
100_2106.gif

·
Milf Hunter
1,796 Posts
Pretty sweet.

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
man i wish i had the money for one of those. Im still using a craftsman 5hp 30gallon direct drive compressor. Mine has its work cut out for its self

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
What does a setup like that cost? Including the 220 drop?

·
TurtlePusher
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spent right at about 1k for everything not including the wiring. I got the compressor, hose, misc. fittings, air cleaner/dryer, air filter/regualtor/lubricator, another regulator, another filter, 3 year warranty. The 220 setep only cost me about $100 in material. My buddy that works for the local electric company got the wire for free so it was just the breaker box and breakers. Plus he did it without any charge.

You can get the filters and stuff cheaper. these are the ones they sold at Tractor Supply and they are Cambell Hausfeld so they are a little pricey. The compressor itself was only $550.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I need one for my garage so bad. That would work great nice job.

1,932 Posts
oh hell yeah man!! IR compressors and air tools FOR THE FUCKING WIN!!!!!! :read: :rofl2: :rocking: Man I stare at the IR compressors in the sears catalog whenever i take a shit. and then i cry a little knowing it will be years before i own one. Your a lucky man

1 - 9 of 9 Posts