GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Never Around
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my boss just got a 09 chebbie. He put 2" lowering shackles for the rear in order to level it out, but now he's riding a little Cali.

Is there something out that that will lower the front 1" or is he stuck with only a 2" option?

The local shop recommended the Belltech adjustable struts. How do those ride?

Thanks for your help guys...

·
Registered
605 Posts
How does a 2" shackle make it Cali. Seems like it would be perfectly level. Any pics?

·
Never Around
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the struts are adjustable in .5" increments
Which struts? The Belltech?

How does a 2" shackle make it Cali. Seems like it would be perfectly level. Any pics?
He sits a little less than 3/4" cali (I measured this afternoon). Not sure exactly how...that's why I came here...

He could use the other hole in the shackle if he doesn't want to do the struts.
:word: That would be my suggestion :shrug:
The reason he lowered the rear is so his dogs could get in the back...and he had a little trouble getting in the front :lol:
I told him to just get the 2" spindles, but he wasn't digging that idea for some reason:think:

·
rox
191 Posts
yeah the belltech ones. they come with rings that you put on or take off depending on what drop or lift you want.

·
1,847 Posts
Kinda weird it made it sit cali. Did he take the 1" block out or leave it in? If it's out he can put it back on and be fine. It may be the new XFE model or whatever they call it (the more fuel efficient silvy) which come lower from the factory which is the reason it may be sitting cali

·
Never Around
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah the belltech ones. they come with rings that you put on or take off depending on what drop or lift you want.
Thanks. Would you know how they ride?

Kinda weird it made it sit cali. Did he take the 1" block out or leave it in? If it's out he can put it back on and be fine. It may be the new XFE model or whatever they call it (the more fuel efficient silvy) which come lower from the factory which is the reason it may be sitting cali
I thought it was weird too and actually called bullshit on him. Then I measured and had to eat crow:lol:

·
rox
191 Posts
couldn't tell you. i've got a pair in my garage, but haven't installed yet. I'm sure someone else on here has them though.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I just did 2 sets of those belltech struts. One on my wife's 07 suburban and another on a friends 07 tahoe. I set it at the 1" setting, and it gave 1" drop on the pass side, and 1 1/4" on the drivers side. I did this because my 2/3 was more like a 2/4 and it sat low in the rear. The struts ride a little stiffer than the stock ones, but not bad at all. I'd say with my rubber band tires it rides ok. I don't have any pics, but heres an old one, before the struts.
trucks007.jpg

·
Never Around
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I crawled under it this evening...they took the 1" block out. So, they lowered the rear 3"'s instead of 2 :doh:

He bought the Belltech struts. The box claims you can lower it 1" or 2" AND/OR raise it 1" or 2".

He's going to set it at 1" and see what it looks like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts