GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Cam Is On Its Way

COMP cam it sold on ebay for $31.00 i bid i high of $200.00 it usualy goes for about $360-400.00
Duration @ .050: 218i/224e
Lift with 1.7 rockers: 511i/511e
Lobe seperation: 114 with 4 degrees advance built in

cant waite to get it in the truck :rocking:
now i need some comp 918 springs

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Should run great in your truck. Run the yellow ('02) LS6 springs, they'll be fine on that lift.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
you putting any kind of converter with that thing???

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
this is true... I wasnt aware of the 80E action he had going on there... LOL...

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Makes me, once again, regret not buying a 2500HD when I got my Z.

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
Re: My Cam Is On Its Way

Duration @ .050: 218i/224e
Lift with 1.7 rockers: 511i/511e
Lobe seperation: 114 with 4 degrees advance built in

cant waite to get it in the truck :rocking:
now i need some comp 918 springs
D00d Congrats on getting that cam for such a great price! You owe me dinner for setting you up! haha :shake:

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
wow thats really no lift at all. More lift on these motors is like free HP. but that low of lift will be really easy on your valvetrain because you will have low ramp rates. Should make good power in that 6.0

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
wow thats really no lift at all. More lift on these motors is like free HP. but that low of lift will be really easy on your valvetrain because you will have low ramp rates. Should make good power in that 6.0
Its what was available on a budget (used cam). I don't think its bad at all.

People get to caught up in lift numbers. I had one idiot believe since he was getting a cam with .680 lift he would see a minimum of 500 rwhp because its what he read online :pow:

edit: the cam was a 224/224 on XER lobes and custom ground to his specs.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Makes me, once again, regret not buying a 2500HD when I got my Z.
i love my 1500HD my G/F brother in law has a 2500HD and gets 8MPg while i get 11 and when he is towing to the beach he gets like 4MPG

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
i love my 1500HD my G/F brother in law has a 2500HD and gets 8MPg while i get 11 and when he is towing to the beach he gets like 4MPG
hmmm weird. My buddies' body lifted 2500hd on 35's got 12-14.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Its what was available on a budget (used cam). I don't think its bad at all.

People get to caught up in lift numbers. I had one idiot believe since he was getting a cam with .680 lift he would see a minimum of 500 rwhp because its what he read online :pow:

edit: the cam was a 224/224 on XER lobes and custom ground to his specs.
:shake: Agreed, but more lift is supposedly like free HP for these LSx motors. Glad he found a good deal. Some of the ones I pointed out to him looked good.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmm weird. My buddies' body lifted 2500hd on 35's got 12-14.
what he have 2.11 gears no one i have talked to including me gets more than 11 and i am on a light foot now on my way to vegas i got an avg of 14 but thats because there was no stoping and i was driving 65-70 your friend is full us shit unless he has a really good tune on it not a suerchip or a hypertech

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
what he have 2.11 gears no one i have talked to including me gets more than 11 and i am on a light foot now on my way to vegas i got an avg of 14 but thats because there was no stoping and i was driving 65-70 your friend is full us shit unless he has a really good tune on it not a suerchip or a hypertech
Nope. He's on 4.10's and 35's. He runs a superchips programmer and it's almost all highway. That's probably why.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope. He's on 4.10's and 35's. He runs a superchips programmer and it's almost all highway. That's probably why.
umm ya thats why have him reset his avg. in town then look at it. i have people pissed at me all the time because i am driving the speed limit and coasting to a nice slow stop and i am AVG 11.sumthing

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yes the lift is low, but the gains aren't huge in terms of CFM from 0.500 -> 0.550 -> 0.600 so I don't think there is too much being given up.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cam came in today happy me now i have to install

1 - 17 of 17 Posts