GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is coming along, slowly but surely. I have done my bowtie, mirror caps, and tailgate handle. BOut to order my door handles.

These pics are from my Blackberry.

·
Boss
83 Posts
looks good. going to do the bumpers too?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the handle online from GMPD. I put 3 coats of clear on the mirrors, too. I did notice that. Any suggestions?

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
Wetsand? :hmm:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Where did you get that color from? my truck is really close to that same one i cant find it in a spray can anywhere, but i havent looked THAT hard

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
I know Duplicolor has my pewter in a spray can... you'd have to look on their site if they have a match for your's.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
automotivetouchup.com

I think thats the link.

sweet thanks!! im checkin it out. i like how your mirror caps turned out. motivates me to look harder for paint. haha

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
def some more clear on the mirrors and sand/buff
Yup. Wetsand with 2000 grit but make sure not to go through the clear then buff it back out and wait 30-60 days to wax IMO. What type of clear were you using Todd? One type of clear didnt work well for me but another brand did...I cant remeber which off the top of my head though.

·
"God Damn Buick Regal"
1,555 Posts
looks good man!.. colormatching can make a huge difference

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup. Wetsand with 2000 grit but make sure not to go through the clear then buff it back out and wait 30-60 days to wax IMO. What type of clear were you using Todd? One type of clear didnt work well for me but another brand did...I cant remeber which off the top of my head though.
I cant remember, I think its the duplicolor brand clear.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
i had better results with the duplicolor clear when i did like 6 thin coats of it over 3. cause it went shinny, to kinda shinny, back to real shinny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts