GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried these several different ways and just can't get it right. Looks like Imma have to just build my own bottom plate and weld it all together.

DSC_7573.gif

DSC_7574.gif

DSC_7575.gif

DSC_7576.gif

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
hmm..that would work relocating the bottom plate, but i would mod the top instead, be easier i think

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The top bolts to the bumpstop bracket, so there's not much I can do there. The bottom plate is a horrible design. Held on with hooks..... The way they've got the spacer tapered, you can only use one bolt because the bottom plate isn't wide enough to catch anymore.

BTW: I have an extra set of these spacers for sale if anyone wants a set. They're Ruff country 60002 for 6" lift and tapered.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
you should of got the Air lift ride control bags and you wouldn't have any issues at all with mounting. I have them on my truck and it mounted up great and they have worked great so far.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you should of got the Air lift ride control bags and you wouldn't have any issues at all with mounting. I have them on my truck and it mounted up great and they have worked great so far.
Is you're truck lifted more than 6"? If not, then that's why you haven't had problems.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
no the air bags mount to the spring not the axle. It is a different design and would work better for you. It mounts the outer frame and to the leaf spring. If your spring is still stock it would fit perfect.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My spring is still stock, but if I can't find a way to make it ride any better, I'm gonna buy a set of Deaver's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts