GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
trucknut
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some new pics of my dad's 2002 avalanche..

before.gif

during.gif

after1.gif

after2.gif

after3.gif

after4.gif

We installed the Carraige Works bolt-over billet grille, and I had the front windows tinted 35% and had a Flowmaster 70 series installed, single in single out with a stainless tip in the factory location. Let's hear the comments!:D

·
Registered
736 Posts
That looks good with the grill and red bowtie, are the bowtie and handles aftermarket? You should have had the exhaust installed secretly to give him a nice surprise when he turns the key

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Looks better! A friend of mine is wanting a 2WD Avy and wants to sand and paint the body molding. Anybody ever tackled that big of job?

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
Looks better! A friend of mine is wanting a 2WD Avy and wants to sand and paint the body molding. Anybody ever tackled that big of job?

they sell them without the body cladding....or does he want to have smooth cladding?

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Sweet Avy...the simple mods sometimes make a lot of difference :bowtie:

03Carbondogg said:
I've seen a black Avy around here with painted body cladding, but I've never gotten up close enough to see how it really looks (i.e. if he just painted over the rough and didn't sand it enough). They sell an aftermarket kit with smooth body cladding, but I don't know how well it would last or look...

·
trucknut
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HumanZoom said:
Sweet Avy...the simple mods sometimes make a lot of difference :bowtie:

I've seen a black Avy around here with painted body cladding, but I've never gotten up close enough to see how it really looks (i.e. if he just painted over the rough and didn't sand it enough). They sell an aftermarket kit with smooth body cladding, but I don't know how well it would last or look...
There was an article about it in a magazine a while back when they first came out. Basically its just like painting any other plastic piece, only on a much larger scale. Prep is a major factor in how it turns out, so to do it right youre going to spend a lot of hours sanding and prepping everything. It's still a possibility that we will do that to dad's, but for now I'm trying to figure out how I want to get it in the weeds, but have a good tire size with plenty of sidewall for daily driving.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
:head: sweet, looks better with the grille! Was it overcast, cause my 35% doesnt look that dark :read: or maybe it was the angles :crazy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts