GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rear end has always sat 2" higher than my front end and it drove me nuts. in a quest to get better traction on the track i installed a DJM flip kit and now it sits about perfect.

the rear end is sitting about 1/2" higher than the front now without the tailgate installed.

is this normal? the kit i had was a 3/4 with front springs and shackle/hangers in the rear. overload spring removed.

hopefully i just got my factory ride back and can get more bite at the drag strip at the same time:)

·
Registered
654 Posts
I don't know if its normal, but then again every truck is different. I think most ext/crew cabs with 2" lower in the back sit with a sight rake, and 3" lower in the back usually sit level, or with a slight cali. Mine (4/6) sits somewhat level with a rollpan, no spare, no hitch, but with a Snugtop.

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
stepside bed.. weight of fiberglass < weight of steel.

with my stepside I tuck about 1/2inch of tire in back with the 255/60-17's
put a fleetside bed on there so I could drive it into town not too long ago and I was tucking around 2".

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
thats really weird..
so if its so much lighter then why would I tuck harder?

I'll take some reference pics and post them up sometime..

·
Registered
212 Posts
yeah i saw the back lift up a little when i dropped my spare...maybe 1/2"

my truck just has 2" shackles and it DID sit level but now with the roll pan and no spare it sits about 3/4 in higher

i do have a hidden hitch though so it helped a little

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
you wanna sell your hangers?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I bet I have the lightest bed..lol. I have 4/6 on my Z71, which is 8" in the rear for a 2wd and I have the spare tire and hitch removed and my fender sits .5 above the tire. My bed is about 50lbs lighter then a metal one too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts