GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have to get a radio and fill in the cracks and crevices, but you get the idea. After I put the kit in I decided that I didnt like the cig lighter and hatch pop there and I might wanna hide them, so I shaved it too. Its pretty flat, but the glue and its reflections make it look all wavey.

The cut

the fit in

some random old pioneer

with some other crappy Pioneer Z110 that was sitting around (joking)

the new shave

installed

questions?

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I thought about centering it for sure and I might
super glue, the thick stuff, with some zip kick

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Looks great man. now you should do some custom set up in my truck for me.

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
I still have to get a radio and fill in the cracks and crevices, but you get the idea. After I put the kit in I decided that I didnt like the cig lighter and hatch pop there and I might wanna hide them, so I shaved it too. Its pretty flat, but the glue and its reflections make it look all wavey.

The cut
View attachment 429431

the fit in
View attachment 429432

some random old pioneer
View attachment 429433

with some other crappy Pioneer Z110 that was sitting around (joking)
View attachment 429434

the new shave
View attachment 429435

installed
View attachment 429436

questions?
Old thread, but for posterity. . Don't cut the top part of bezel. Cut the bottom and the plastic deck above the ashtray. Then delete the ashtray and tray holder. You won't miss it, and install will be clean.
But by now, in 2021, there are 1din Android stereos with full touch screen displays that fit in stock hole, which is actually larger than a 1Din. See photo below. This one fits the stock compartment perfectly, no cutting required. Just order a S10 stereo installation kit from eBay. I've owned my S10 since new in 1986. I hate seeing them hacked up.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts