GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay before you flame me.... i thourgholy red DE's write up on TB cranking...

My question is, will ford or green keys sit my z71 up higher?

and what kinda clearence am i looking at?

I have a friend with a 1996 z71 with no cranking what so ever running 305/70R16s and he has no rubbing at all.

Thats like a 33 isnt it?

What could i clear with a set of green or ford keys? Using factory rims :bowtie:

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
yah it will allow you to crank the front some more so you can sit higher....i wouldn't run 33's because you will rub. You will even rub 33's with a body lift but not all that bad.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
cranking or some green keys and you will fit 33's. They will rub when turned and you hit a big bump. If you can deal with that there ya go. I would look at skinnier 33's though with stock wheels as you would proably rub the frame. My 265's did at full lock, stock.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Travis, Throw on Some Q78s or 315/75/16s. If you keep your stock rims youll be ok. You will grap the frame rail but it will only polish it clean.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
you need ford keys. You have green keys. the green keys lift the HD trucks, the ford keys are what will lift yours.

·
Registered
55 Posts
bggrnchvy said:
cranking or some green keys and you will fit 33's. They will rub when turned and you hit a big bump. If you can deal with that there ya go. I would look at skinnier 33's though with stock wheels as you would proably rub the frame. My 265's did at full lock, stock.
LOL he already has green keys. Ford keys or higher rated t-bars.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay thanks for the help.... i need ford keys then.

Eisen- arent 315's = 35"?? That seems like a lot!

Im better with standard sizes, so we could say that i could run ford keys and 33's?

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can prolly get away with 33's on stock rims with just a crank of what ya got now. If you wanna make sure and be good to go you could go with frod keys and an aal or bigger block in the back to level it out and fit 33's with no porblaem. Hope it makes sense the drnikn started early tonight.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay heres the idea..

I'm guna order some 33x12.5x16 from our local tire shop.. Should i stick with 12.5 or go down to 10.5? If these cleared, would it look dumb if i went with ford keys and a block later on?

·
Registered
55 Posts
You should def go with the 12.5 and it would not look bad at all if you went with ford keys and a block later. It would prolly look even better.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the info.. i should have some $ coming from bayling hay so tires are definatlly on the list..

Next question.. my brother has some '99 6 lug factory rims layin here and he said i could have them.

Would they look decent on my OBS? would the backspacing help at all with the tires? Is it worth it or would i be dumb for putting stock rims on?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
i've seen obs tahoes and trucks with nbs stock rims, and i like it. If they are free, i say take them and run

1 - 15 of 15 Posts