GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i had an 2003 chevy silverado 2wd ext cab that i always said i was gonna lift and never did. well to make a long story short i totaled it and never got to lift it. But now I got a new truck out of the deal :big_banana_Dance:so i ended up with a Black 2009 chevy silverado 1500 crew cab 4x4 z71 LT1 and im ready to lift it. My ideal set up was going to be a 6 inch CST lift with 35 inch toyo M/T tires on some 20 inch rims but i have a set of 22 inch chrome liquid metal magma rims that i have from my old truck and was wonderin if anybody knows if i can fit 37 inch m/t with the 6 inch lift so i can keep the 22's on it. If not, what all would i need to do to my truck to keep it a daily driver ( 60 miles round trip, highway)... would i need to regear it? with a bigger lift do i need to extend the drive shaft or anything like that? Any of you guys have pictures i would love to see what itll look like when its done. Thanks in advance for any help for this newbie...

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
idk about how high that lift sits but i would suggest a front coil spacer with it and definetly regear to 4.88's

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Go with the 8" CST and 37's.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
You can run a spacer with the 8 inch cst just like you can with the fabtech or run coil overs

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
And no you won't have to get your drive shaft extended...but you will want to regear if you're wanting to run 37s or even 35s

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Search around..there's a bazillion pics of lifted NNBS trucks in this forum

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Buy Roscoe or bluecustom's lift NOW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts