GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals. I am new the site and I have a question already, I hope you can help.

I bought a lifted 2000 Silverado a few months back. I love the truck. Its mostly a toy but I do use it a bit around the house for chores.

My biggest grip about it is the lift kit. It has a 6" lift and 35" tires. Now while driving off road and playing with the truck I love the added height, however I dread the truck for work. Its too tall for me to load and unload.

I am very capable with my hands. I was thinking of adding a 4 link to the rear end with an air ride setup so I can lower it when I need to but I began thinking that someone out there must have had this same problem, and there must be an easier way.

So my question to you is: Are there any ways of lowering the rear end of my truck while parked for loading and unloading while still maintaining my current ride height for driving?

Thanks in advance

Josh

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
You could turn it into a Carolina Squat abortion

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
U would probably be better off buying a $2k beater truck and still coming out ahead. Unless u do all the fab work a rear link setup with bags is gonna be money

1 - 4 of 4 Posts