GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got her yesterday,and i slammed into a tree doing minor mudding smashed the passenger mirror out too lol :head: i only paid 760 bux for her :shake: edit what tires do you guys reccomend i dont really want to spend more then 400 the stock rims re 15 inchers and i dont want to go any bigger then 33's because i dont want to lift :head:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well shes my winter beater, i need some bigger tires, i dont want to have to modify shit because my motor leaks oil/burns it so, id like some 33's all id wanna do is daily drive/mud in nasty mucky shit :read:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup.. its a bad reason why, i actually lost my father and he left me some money.... and i have a 93 lightning also.... but i needed a winter truck so

·
Registered
832 Posts
Just go for some LTB's You can get'em so cheap, and since its just a winter truck/beater then who caes how they ride? At worst they will ride bad and you will only get like 30k out of them (if you rotate them). They would provide great traction offroad, and if you only drive this thing during the winter than 25-30k miles is a long way off.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eisenfaust said:
Just go for some LTB's You can get'em so cheap, and since its just a winter truck/beater then who caes how they ride? At worst they will ride bad and you will only get like 30k out of them (if you rotate them). They would provide great traction offroad, and if you only drive this thing during the winter than 25-30k miles is a long way off.
well its going to be going 200 miles one way to jackman maine to hunt with... and also im not looking to purchase rims, those tires are 508 on http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/products/productLine.asp?cat=TIR&prodline=2045&catName=TIRES&man=INTE i also have a brush guard/light guard lined up from an older burban and plan to have a warn winch by winter :D

·
Registered
832 Posts
What size would you be looking at? You wouldnt have to purchase new rims to run them? Im guessing it has 15 inch rims so you could do the 31x11.50x15 which cost 93.50 at tyres1.com Or the 33x13.5/34x10.5 if you want to trim some, the 33s cost 118.50 and the 34s cost 113.50. If you went with the 31s thats under 400 for all four before tax.

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
awesome truck dude

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eisenfaust said:
What size would you be looking at? You wouldnt have to purchase new rims to run them? Im guessing it has 15 inch rims so you could do the 31x11.50x15 which cost 93.50 at tyres1.com Or the 33x13.5/34x10.5 if you want to trim some, the 33s cost 118.50 and the 34s cost 113.50. If you went with the 31s thats under 400 for all four before tax.

yeah im gonna measure and see because that website has 34s for 112 so... :rocking:

·
Registered
832 Posts
just fore warning, they most likely will ride rough, so if your looking for a nice riding tire dont get them, but if you want performance then rock on!

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
to tell you the truth, it doesnt look like you will fit 33's without cutting
mine fit it at stock height with a little cutting in the front but yours looks alot more sagged out then mine ever was
if you really want to fit 33s and have a little room to wheel i have a 2" lift that was a AAL in the front and a 2" block in the back, this is assuming you have leafs in the front
ill sell you, just took it out of the truck last week

1 - 20 of 27 Posts