GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuck My Life

So Im tightening my last two bolts on my body (the two up front ) and Im working on the passenger side one. Socket slips, I bump the radiator line and it breaks off the god damn condenseer...compressed shit goes everywhere. Its the line on the bottom left that goes to the A/C. Now what?

FML

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Fuck My Life

You evacuated your AC? Damn.
apperantly..jesus fucking christ.. I bumped that shit and it snapped right off. Now Im gonna JB weld that shit and take it in to get recharged I guess. I know shit about A/C

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

One I seal it back up is it safe to drive? Laugh all you want, I am

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts

u need a new condenser, they arent too expensive, the recharging is what will kill you

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

u need a new condenser, they arent too expensive, the recharging is what will kill you
god damnit, how much is a full recharge?

·
6,529 Posts

im not exactly sure, somewhere between 100-200 i think, you could go to the dealership and say it just snapped, even though its a dick move

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

im not exactly sure, somewhere between 100-200 i think, you could go to the dealership and say it just snapped, even though its a dick move
Theyd notice the body lift and shit, but Im gonna take it to them anyway. I should be ok to drive right? since its jsut the A/C?

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,489 Posts

that does suck man :/

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

that im not sure about, how far is the drive?
15-20 min..but this is my daily. Wouldnt the A/c just not work? Or am I not thinking shit through?

·
6,529 Posts

well if u get any dirt or anything in it, it will fuck the system, my suggestion, since the system is already empty, use the wifes car to pick up a new condenser, and put that on, then u can make the drive with the system empty.

i dont think it will harm it, but im also not a expert, i just have some basic knowledge about them

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

well if u get any dirt or anything in it, it will fuck the system, my suggestion, since the system is already empty, use the wifes car to pick up a new condenser, and put that on, then u can make the drive with the system empty.

i dont think it will harm it, but im also not a expert, i just have some basic knowledge about them
I guess ill go pick one up then...I feel like a freakin idiot

·
Registered
9,608 Posts

If its aluminum take it to a radiator shop they can weld it for you. I had one break on a John Deere and they fixed it no problem.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts