GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are those pics, I am putting them in order, but I am too lazy to do a write up, and the pictures of the installation process aren't the greatest.

boxes waiting to be opened
Daltonstruck003.jpg

up in the air
Daltonstruck004.jpg

all the parts laid out
Daltonstruck005.jpg

my POS transmission waiting to be rebuilt
Daltonstruck006.jpg

this is the reason why my 4x4 failed. you could pull on one end, and you could hear it was separated.
Daltonstruck007.jpg

I hit a ditch really hard a couple days ago, and I think they cracked the crossmember that holds the torsion bars. we just welded it. I hope it holds.
Daltonstruck008.jpg

completely disassembled
Daltonstruck009.jpg

I painted my a-arms, they look brand new.
Daltonstruck010.jpg

and I painted my rear drums.
Daltonstruck011.jpg

the brains of the operation in action.
Daltonstruck012.jpg

got the front thing in.
Daltonstruck013.jpg

a little better pic of putting it back together
Daltonstruck014.jpg

almost done
Daltonstruck015.jpg

one wheel on
Daltonstruck016.jpg

done, but still on the lift
Daltonstruck017.jpg

on it's own weight, this is my favorite pic
Daltonstruck018.jpg

view of the front wheel on the ground
Daltonstruck019.jpg

and one of the rear
Daltonstruck020.jpg

how far the tires stick out on the front
Daltonstruck022.jpg

not all the pics, I can only use 20, I probably won't get to drive it until next weekend though cause of the tranny, it it going to be the longest week of my lift. enjoy the pics and leave me your opinion.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
all cleaned and painted up
Daltonstruck023.jpg

the installer
Daltonstruck025.jpg

me, I am 6 feet tall for reference
Daltonstruck026.jpg

just one more before I left
Daltonstruck028.jpg

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Looks great man! I like those wheels. What size are they?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Pure Beef.:head:

Is that a 99 OBS? I bet it's killing you to not be able to drive it, I don't think I would be able to stand that. Looks good though!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pure Beef.:head:

Is that a 99 OBS? I bet it's killing you to not be able to drive it, I don't think I would be able to stand that. Looks good though!
s'nuff said lol. yeah I wish it was a 99, it is a 91. what made you think it was a 99? oh and yeah, it really sucks seeing it lifted, but it will be more than a week before I can drive it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you got that right, and it makes it even more painful to get on these forumswith everyone telling me how they feel about it, but I can't even drive it. I am so pissed:pissed: but, I guess it is better that it went out before I drove it with the lift, so that my parents know I wasn't hot rodding it off road.

·
05 Z71
165 Posts
Looks good. Nice job.:rocking:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Wow, I love the wheels and tires. What size are the tires? Never heard of them. Are they expensive?

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
It looks great mang. Now you have to gear it and ditch the G80 in your rear axle.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It looks great mang. Now you have to gear it and ditch the G80 in your rear axle.
I don't think I even have a g80:think: but yeah I will regear to 4.56 as soon as I can afford it. and to whoever asked, the tires are 315/75/16 and I paid like 213 per tire and the 16x10 wheels were 146 each

1 - 20 of 46 Posts