GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
In Work
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am trying to troubleshoot this problem let me know if you find the flaws. Or if I am right and my headunits outputs are crapped out. Ok I put the power cable from the pos batt term to the amp. Power wire check. I put a ground wire from a bolt on the body to the amp. Ground wire check. I put a remote wire from the headunits harness and ran it to the amp. Remote wire check. OK I ran my rcas from the back of the unit to the amp L and r. Rcas check. Ok wire my speakers pos to pos on amp neg to neg. Speaker wires check. Turn on vehicle. CD player plays amp gets power subs dont do shit. Pissed off CHECK. WTF I take another sub I have plug it in pos to pos neg to neg. Still NOTHING. Change out RCAs to a new set. Nothing still. Anyone point me to the light at the end of the tunnel?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
if your subs arent wired right, your amp could go into protect. also get a voltmeter and check the voltage along the power wire to make sure not loosing any, you have an inline fuse off the battery right?

·
In Work
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I sure do the amp has a light when it goes into protect mode. It isnt coming on though. I dont know wabout the power wire maybe a bad splice> This si being a pain in the ass whats the chances of my rca outputs being bad after not being used for a couple of years?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
i dont really know about rca cables but you must have a bad ground or shorting out the power wire somewhere because the rca's arent gonna keep the amp from coming on. also the remote wire is what is telling the amp to turn on from the headunit so id redo that one to

·
Registered
906 Posts
Does your deck have an option in the menu to turn the subs on and off? I had an old alpine deck that had that option!

·
Registered
906 Posts
If thats not the problem take a voltage meter and connect to the + and - on the speaker output of the amp and see if you get a voltage reading, have a buddy turn the volume up and see if the voltage chages on the output! If that turns out fine check your dubs wiring configuration!

·
Registered
906 Posts
I had the same problem with my JL 1000/1 I was like what the fuck, the problem was the sauder on the circuit board to the speaker terminals broke!

·
In Work
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well went to best buy they woudl test the rcas for me for 17.99. Then as I took my unit out walked into the shop I was like well if its bad I gotta buy a new headunit. If its good then im doing something wrong and I can take the new one back. So I got their cheapest JVC headunit wiring harness is identical thank god. Plugged it in and viola the bump is here. I probably will try to take apart my old one I bet it has something to do with the solder points on the rca terminals. We will see though. Anyways to put insult to injury I bought a 2 10 and interfire amp setup from a guy. I tried the new amp didnt work then I noticed the speackers are cut around the flex part of the cone one just a bit the other almost half way around. I work with the dud but it shows you how shady some folks can be. This weekend sucked I got jipped and my headunit is fucked. What a day!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts