GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Alaskan Sierra
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, i just bought a new GMC regular cab truck(new body style). i over all love this things looks and it has awesome power. but i have two complaints about this thing, one is the way it rides and the other is GMs idea to use totally different bulbs in this things lights. i sold my 2001 GMC that i had 100% the way i wanted. i mean it was a sweet truck for a everyday driver and living in alaska it was used to towing on a regular basis. it was lowered 2/4,had a system,snugtop,everything painted to match,airbags out back,hids....you know the norm. well this new truck rides so fucking rough compaired to my old one. i know its alot heavier(1000 more then my old ext.cab) but shit man it rides rough. i'm hoping that it will sofen up after a few months or maybe the rides gets better when i lower it, if mcgaughy guys would hurry up and release a kit for the 4x4s. the other thing is the bulbs. now i can deal with the H11 for the low beams because they make a HID kit for the bulb but the fog light bulb is a GM exclusive. no one can cross referance the number for me (15839897) and as of now GM is the only one that sells them. any help or ideas would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I can't believe it rides bad. Mine even lifted rides better than any 4x4 gm i have ever owned and i've had a 1998,2000,2002,and a 2004 previously. I don't know what the problem could be. Post some pics of that thing!

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
^What he said. I've heard the newer trucks ride pretty good. The coil-overs should ride better than the older styled coil springs and torsion bars.

I have yet to drive one though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
the other thing is the bulbs. now i can deal with the H11 for the low beams because they make a HID kit for the bulb but the fog light bulb is a GM exclusive. no one can cross referance the number for me (15839897) and as of now GM is the only one that sells them. any help or ideas would be awesome.
Look on ls1gto and search "H9 low beam". The H9 can be easily modified to fit an H11 hole and still retain the factory plug and focal point. As for the ride, check your tire pressures. My GTO cam with 70psi in the 35 psi tires and still had shipping spacers in the coil springs. Just 2 thoughts. Enjoy the ride:head: .

·
Alaskan Sierra
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah about the pictures the attach page keeps telling me the picture is way to big. so how do i get it to take the picture? about the ride the reason i think it ride bad is because i 01 gmc ext cab rode like a escalade after i put the drop in. my pops 01 silverado is a regular cab all stock and it rides better then me new one. its just gonna take a little getting used too. on the H11 bulbs, i dont need to make another bulb fit because they make a kit for the H11 hids. i was talking about the weird bulb they put in the fog lights. thanks for the input guys.

·
Alaskan Sierra
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i suspect its due to the shorter wheel base and the extra 1000 lbs. i'll give to a little while before i hand it over to the dealer to look at, its not unbearable, just not what i'm used too. i dont know how to out a bigger pic in so until i figure that put this is it.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
lets not get silly here

but maybe you should take it in if it really is riding badly? like everyone said it should be better than all the previous trucks
I'm not being "silly" Im being dead serious. If you rode in one of the new crew cabs, you would understand. regular cabs aren't going to ride as good with the shorter wheelbase.

·
GMFS Member
38 Posts
:D I have to agree with HighSierra... I have a chevy NNBS CC, but I think every person I've given a ride to has commented on the non-truck like ride, (one actually compared it to Cadillac, though slightly joking)

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
i suspect its due to the shorter wheel base and the extra 1000 lbs. i'll give to a little while before i hand it over to the dealer to look at, its not unbearable, just not what i'm used too. i dont know how to out a bigger pic in so until i figure that put this is it.
I got $10 that says a smaller truck doesn't weight 1000lbs more than the old one....

Y!Autos:
2006 ECSB 4WD - 5018lbs;
2007 RCSB 4WD - 4687lbs.

-bZj

·
Alaskan Sierra
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, sorry to disappoint, but it does say gross weight at 6400lbs on the drivers side door. anyways, i have another question and this one relates to the tire pressure moniter system. how can i go about putting my old 20s on this one? i know i would have to buy wheel sensors but would they work without setting warning lights? has anyone ran into this porblem?

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
well, sorry to disappoint, but it does say gross weight at 6400lbs on the drivers side door.
GMC.com said:
The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating when properly equipped is the weight of vehicle, passenger, cargo, and equipment.
He is correct that a RCSB 4x4 weighs 4687lbs. To think a truck that small weighed as much or more than a 3/4-ton is silly.

·
droppin loads
3,883 Posts
your truck doesn't weigh 6400lbs, that's the GVWR aka how much weight it's designed to carry. This includes the weight of the vehicle and the weight of passengers, fuel and cargo.

·
Registered
80 Posts
:word:
That is not the weight of the vehicle. It's what it should weigh when fully loaded down with passengers, fuel, and maximum cargo weight.
The new trucks will weigh pretty close to what the previous models did.

Jim

·
Alaskan Sierra
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol, well i guess you do learn something new everyday. thanks for the heads up. so about the wheel sensor problem and the HIDs, what do you guys think?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts