GMC Truck Forum banner

My new baby

3K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  tb8100 
#1 ·

Just took delivery this evening....it's an '03 quadrasteer loaded out with just about everything. I have a room full of things to bolt on to it! Coming soon: vertical camper mirrors, escalade handles, 145a alt w/ od pulley, efans, smooth wiper cowl, antenna delete, eclipse cd5000, dual 12" polk audio momos, and more!! :bowtie:

See less See more
#5 ·
nice truck
Nice truck dude.
Thanks guys!

YES!!!!

:worship:

Welcome to the 4WS club :shake:

That thing is freakin sweeeeeet :drool:

Mandatory Quadrasteer Video

[yt]g8ffv7nc1fQ[/yt]
Thanks Matt! I'm totally stoked about it! My last truck was a CCLB SLE GMC and the difference in the interior on this one compared to my last truck is unbelievable! And the quadrasteer is awesome!!! so fun to drive! if only they made these with 8.1Ls.....:evil:

That vid is pretty sweet. I wish GM would never have discontinued QS. Best innovation ever!! :rocking:

#7 ·
That vid is pretty sweet. I wish GM would never have discontinued QS. Best innovation ever!! :rocking:
Poor marketing. There's NOTHING wrong with the system. There was over 10 years of engineering and development from Delphi that went into it. It's really really shitty. All GM had to do was air a commercial with your typical Soccer Mom piloting a mall parking lot (think of the Dunkin Donuts commercial.. soccer, ballet, oboe and last but not least karateeeee) with her quadrasteering around cars and parking her behemoth Yukon. There wouldn't of been a single one sold without the option.

Make sure you join up at www.denalitrucks.com it's the #1 source on the net for all Quadrasteer info. They've absorbed other sites that once offered info - but now have gone offline.

I didn't know they but the QS in the Yukon but there is one in the video. Did they sell any of them or did it not make it to market?
Yep. Here's one on ebay :head:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GMC-...010QQitemZ200109102333QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

#12 ·
Nice, first time i've seen a 3/4 ton with QS.
Yeah, they're few and far between! Very few and far between. I've seen one other person on this site with one, and I don't think it was a 4x4. I'm curious as to how many non denali trucks GM made with 4WS...

#13 ·
I noticed my truck has 1" blocks on the rear...was that standard on quadrasteers? Didn't know if GM did that to allow for better tire clearance at the rear or what.

#15 ·
im dying to drive a QS truck. Nice lookin rig dude, just needs a more aggressive tire

#17 ·
im dying to drive a QS truck. Nice lookin rig dude, just needs a more aggressive tire
Thanks! At some point, I plan on putting on Incubus 518 18x10s with 35x12.50 Mud Grapplers. But I'll need to go in with 4.88 gears and a small lift when I do that, so that'll cost a chunk. Probably a few months away... :bowtie:

#18 ·
Yep, 2" blocks actucally on mine. For the Dana 60 w/Quadrasteer Assembly.
Yeah, these are definitely 1s. Do our quadrasteers have the G80?

#21 ·
Nope, better. It's a Trac-Loc!

Here's a blowup!
sa-weet! I wouldn't need a new carrier then, just new gears! That's way cheaper! :rocking:

#22 ·
people were prolly afraid of quadrasteer because they didnt think it was durable prolly
Sucks for them. Probably one of the most brilliant and well engineered component ever put on these trucks. The ONLY failure I've heard is from one guy on DTC where his Quadrasteer seized/rusted frozen due to water intrusion into the steering box. It was "underwater" and he didn't go into details. Musta been a Katrina truck, lol.

#23 ·
Sucks for them. Probably one of the most brilliant and well engineered component ever put on these trucks. The ONLY failure I've heard is from one guy on DTC where his Quadrasteer seized/rusted frozen due to water intrusion into the steering box. It was "underwater" and he didn't go into details. Musta been a Katrina truck, lol.
whoa !! had to have been submerged for awhile for that to happen... :think: :D

do all non-Denali QS trucks have the autotrac t-case? also, what kind of front diff do our trucks have? (probably the same as any other GM truck, but j/w). And last, but not least, where is the best place to go for gears for the dana 60?

#24 ·
Got the big towing mirrors on during lunch today. Still gotta wire them in, but they're bolted on anyhow. Snapped a couple of quick and dirty shots of it on the cell phone. And yes, I know it badly needs to be washed so don't bother to say it!!

Before:

After!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.