GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this today to drive until I find my 4WD. It is a 1988 S10 with 98K miles. It was so cheap I couldnt pass it up. My mods list already includes: replacing steering wheel cover and new seat covers a la Pep Boys :rocking: :head:

Link to the pics in Imagestation

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
haha nice jason, already looking almost as good as your last truck :crazy:

I knew you were selling but I didnt know you were getting a 4x4 :rocking:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Wow that brings back memories! My first vehicle was a 1989 S10 2.5l 5 speed :eek: Mine was all black with some chrome wheels and was lowered 2" :crazy:

Have you sold your white truck? Looking for a Z71 i take it? What kinda deal is a "can't pass up" on one of those? looks to be in good shape and has low miles :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dark Eternal said:
haha nice jason, already looking almost as good as your last truck :crazy:

I knew you were selling but I didnt know you were getting a 4x4 :rocking:
Yep...I think I am going to order one from the dealer with the options that I want (reg cab, 4.10 gears, locking differential, and 4.8L V8) since I cant find one within 500 miles from here :crazy:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Y2KSierra said:
Have you sold your white truck? Looking for a Z71 i take it? What kinda deal is a "can't pass up" on one of those? looks to be in good shape and has low miles :D
Yeah, the white truck is being picked up on March 31st by this guy from LA. Me and my wife have been using her car for awhile (mine was in shop), and it may take up to 3 months to order a 4wd so I needed something cheap to roll until then. I only gave 1200 for it and I know I can turn around and resell it for that or more with a few minor upgrades. It is in really good shape, especially for being 16 years old :anitoof:

·
6,656 Posts
You going to lift it? Also if you dont mind me asking why are you getting the 4.8 and not 5.3? Good choice getting the 4.10s though for sure, I wish I had.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dark Eternal said:
You going to lift it? Also if you dont mind me asking why are you getting the 4.8 and not 5.3? Good choice getting the 4.10s though for sure, I wish I had.
I am getting a 6 inch procomp or superlift and 35 inch tires. I decided to go with the WT package because it is cheaper and I can do other things to make up the 10hp that the 5.3 has.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
NT01silverado said:
Yeah, the white truck is being picked up on March 31st by this guy from LA. Me and my wife have been using her car for awhile (mine was in shop), and it may take up to 3 months to order a 4wd so I needed something cheap to roll until then. I only gave 1200 for it and I know I can turn around and resell it for that or more with a few minor upgrades. It is in really good shape, especially for being 16 years old :anitoof:
Nothing wrong with that! You should have no troubles turning it around and getting all of your money back, maybe even make a few on it :)

·
6,656 Posts
Sounds like a really good plan. I totally 100% recomend the procomp, much better lift than the superlift. Ive been very pleased with mine. PM me or hit me up on AIM if you have any kinf of questions about it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LowBlue02 said:
Why are you selling your white truck? Didn't like the bags after all?
Nope....I liked the bags just fine. I was at a point where I had done all I wanted to do to the white truck, and am ready to move on to a new project.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts