GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Oldschool
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. I bought a new 4x4 and sold my 2wd. I've never owned a 4x4 before, always lowered cars or trucks. But I really got tired of being trapped at home when the snow season comes. And I've always wanted to do some wheeling with my homies.

I picked it up a month ago. Here are the pics from Craigslist.
Since these pics were taken, I have:

Put on my Texas Edition 20's
Installed my Lamin-Xed lights from my 2wd and HID's
Debadged and demolded
Colormatched bumpers and grille will be picked up from the body shop today.
FTS 7" Lift Kit arrived yesterday
20x12 Moto Metal 962's Black w/ 33x12.5x20's should arrive this week.

And yes.. the exhaust will be cut!

I will post pics of my progress soon... The weather here just sucks lately..24/7 rain..

·
Oldschool
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man.. I'm hoping the color will grow on me like my Cocoa truck did.. Sometimes it looks grey, sometimes blue, and sometimes green.
I found it in Kennewick.

·
Oldschool
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Oldschool
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sub'd. what tirez?
33X12.5X20 Federals.. didn't mention brand cuz I didn't want to start a flame war.. price was ~$920/set just couldn't beat it. I ordered from a place in San Diego where I normally buy my stuff and I asked him about a possible sidewall issue.. he said when kept properly inflated we haven't had any problems.. If you run them low for traction,etc, there could be sidewall issues.

I see you went 35's.. could you have done that without the Bilsteins in the front?

·
Oldschool
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some more pics with the 20's and Blizzak's off my old 2WD. And some debagded and demolded.
Yesterday I installed the colormatched parts and haven't been able to get any photos yet.

·
( o) ( o)
2,460 Posts
nice...

how'd your 2wd do with the blizzaks in the snow?

·
Oldschool
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Only got to use them for a couple days. But I highly recommend them in the snow. They get excellent traction. Nice and sticky.

·
Oldschool
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK here are some pics with the lift and colormatching.

Next step is to put my wheels on... Maybe today.

But I was trying to wait until the monsoon season was over..

Or I think I will wait until I get my extended stainless brake line kit installed.. I would hate to get brake fluid all over the new wheels.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.