GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
No longer a GM owner :(
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first house and started moving in this weekend. Got all my stuff out of my storage shed (moved in there when I went to Kuwait). Still have to get my fiances stuff out of her apartment but we are getting there.

Pics of the house...
IMG_0484.gif

IMG_0482.gif

House with the truck...she barely fits in the garage...glad I haven't lifted.

IMG_0485.gif

My kick ass deck. Can't wait to sink a hot tub in the second tier and wire up a stereo out there.

IMG_0486.gif

IMG_0487.gif

Living Room

IMG_0488.gif

Kitchen needs updating!! The stove is ancient.

IMG_0490.gif

Split level entrance.

IMG_0491.gif

Dining room to deck.

IMG_0492.gif

Nice chandelier going in in place of the fan.

I didn't get pics of the rec room downstairs...it is all open and has a fireplace. Dart board going in down there. Eventually a pool table and a 61-72" JVC LCD going in with theater seating. Seperating from the military and Gotta get a new job in 2 months though so I don't know when all that is gonna be happening.

IMG_0493.gif

Got rained out Saturday so we headed back to my grandparent's Jayco Montego Bay 5th wheel camper. Didn't get a chance to get a pic of the quad cab duramax hooked up to the camper...sorry.

IMG_0494.gif

IMG_0497.gif

Dmax loaded up.

IMG_0495.gif

IMG_0496.gif

Had the little 1/2 ton doing all work. :nono: The load squated me pretty good.

IMG_0499.gif

Went to nebraska furniture mart to show my grandpa the design we want our bed to look like. He's gonna make us a good sturdy oak bedroom set.
IMG_0498.gif

Took advantage of the big parking lot and got a good shot of truck and rig together.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Needs some work in certain areas on the inside...over all a nice home though...I was wanting to put some work into it myself anyways. Make those areas exactly the way I like them and raise the value of the house.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Congrats man! the house and the trucks are lookin good. I love the grass up north, it looks so good and stripes awesome too.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice house man! nice truck too! i dont think i've seen it before:think:
Thanx. I posted it on here once before after I debadged it.

Its in rough shape now compared to then though. The lid to my console is broke off, I jacknifed my grandpa's trailer backing out of a driveway and bent the bumper on the right side, got rear ended twice last month...first wasn't bad, just scuffed the chrome a little and damaged the plastic on top of the bumper. Second time actually bent the left side of the bumper so bad that creased the back of the bed and now I can't open my tail gate without damaging the paint on the edge...and to top it off I got a rock in the windshield the other day coming to work...:flame: :rant:

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
nice house/trucks

Poor little half ton lol

Thats a really nice looking house thouigh

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
Thanx. I posted it on here once before after I debadged it.

Its in rough shape now compared to then though. The lid to my console is broke off, I jacknifed my grandpa's trailer backing out of a driveway and bent the bumper on the right side, got rear ended twice last month...first wasn't bad, just scuffed the chrome a little and damaged the plastic on top of the bumper. Second time actually bent the left side of the bumper so bad that creased the back of the bed and now I can't open my tail gate without damaging the paint on the edge...and to top it off I got a rock in the windshield the other day coming to work...:flame: :rant:
you got rearended...is their insurance not covering it?:think:

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you got rearended...is their insurance not covering it?:think:
The first time nothing ever came of it. I don't know if he even turned it in. I wasn't going to cuz it wasn't that bad I did more damage to it jacknifing the trailer than he did.

The second and worse one was a guy I work with. He was drunk and we got called into work. He had his brother drive him so he didn't get a DUI...now we were in a parking lot and he backed into me hard enough to damage it that bad...:nono: he said he would pay for it. I haven't had time to get an estimate on damage or anything. I was just going to price a new bumper from the dealer and have him pay that and just replace the bumper...but now that I can't open the tail gate so I don't know. I don't really want to even mess with it.

Was just thinking of leaving it and trying to get the bed bent back to where I can open the tailgate and call it good...Don't know.

*Edit...I only owe 4k on the truck and it has 113k on the odometer. When it is paid off I was thinking of either trading it in as is or driving the wheels off it. Kind of depends on my new job (I want a 07 GMC) I need something to haul my ATV. So I don't know if I even want to mess with it.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wanted to pull it. mine has pulled my buddies 20ft boat once, my atv and my atv with a trailored atv. So I just wanted to put it to work a little. I gotta truck so why not. I didn't have ball on my hitch so the guy I borrowed the trailor from put his hitch on my truck and it had a lock on the pin...well my electrical box for the trailor sits to close to the reciever so we can't get the pin out...would have to go buy a ball to put on my hitch for the 1ton to pull it...

It was just easier for me to pull it.

·
05 Sierra Crew
987 Posts
Nice house, I have family across the river forgot what bridge its called but its a toll bridge. Family is in Glenwood, IA. My sister use to go to BCC I think. Pretty nice area.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
thought i recognized some pics lol then i saw where your from ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts