GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a biggun. 18x72 American Tool Works engine lathe. Makes my Clausing 12x36 look like a toy. This puppy was built in 1903 and built to last. I love it, it's so quiet and tight it's unbelievable. Also got a ton of tools and tooling with it, all for $1200 :kiss:

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Excellent find! You'll have to post some more threads with some of your work...

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
wtf i thought i posted in here?

·
Typical Smart-Ass
1,147 Posts
Holy crap nice find! How did you pull off that price? I bet you could turn around and sell it (not that you would want to) for a hell-of-a-lot more!

·
GMFS Uber-Member
688 Posts
Nice work. Friends and I picked up a 9x36" or so lathe from WWII era for about $600 with stand and a bunch of tools. All you gotta do is find the right buy. Nice work. Hope it helps with your new build up.

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
As I said on NCBD Im jealous, 18" throw is sweet. How big a peice can you fit through the headstock?

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
nice find!!!

i found a Monarch not too long ago i think 17-60, was like 1200 bucks in great condition. kickin myself now for not getting it.... im hoping to find a good deal on a nice lathe and mill from a shop thats closing.... seems to be common around here.

on a sidenote i did land a 13 drawer Kennedy box, thanks to my g.f selling 1800 dollars in fundraser stuff for my Machinin class!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
awesome find and awesome price man, that thing looks sweet. my dad would be way jealous of this. is that in your shop now or pics from where you picked it up?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts