GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it today, 2004 Dodge Ram SLT Sport 2wd, 5.7L, 3.92 gears rc/sb. Fire away!

Click pics for higher reso!

Thanks to Jeff (Badassilverado) for hostin the pics for me!

·
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks guys, im enjoying being back in a truck.

·
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dam that color is sweet, hmm, new paint job on day old truck, it could happen!

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
thats a sweet truck. lol you bought one IDENTICLE as my buddies.

have fun dude you are crazy getting a new car every other month

ps, he put a magnaflow on his, sounds BADASS on the HEMI.

·
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks man, i think im gonna go w/ a Flowmaster 50HD made specifically for the Hemi, just love that sound!

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
lol "fire away" at least its not a phord... btu good luck with the tranny... ive heard a few horror stories, but it looks sweet bro...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Since it has so much power, I think the only appropriate thing will be pics of you burning those mofo's... Nice truck, but IMO the ass up look as got to go... I seen a ECSB with a roll pan and lowered to even it out it it looked 100x better IMO...

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
I hope you don't have any of the troubles like most of the dodge guys are having with that engine and tranny then not wanting to fix it..

They are great looking trucks and I'd get one in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the quality issues dodge aint owning up to right now.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
Since it has so much power, I think the only appropriate thing will be pics of you burning those mofo's... Nice truck, but IMO the ass up look as got to go... I seen a ECSB with a roll pan and lowered to even it out it it looked 100x better IMO...
werd... light them up, its only rubber :naughty:

·
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. Dont worry it will be lowered in the rear very soon. Most of the problems w/ the Dodge 5.7L motors were in the computer of the 03 models, they have changed to a different computer in 04 and I havent seen any problems that I can think of yet. I have seen a few tranny problems, but most just complain cause it robs so much power. But yeah, I can roast em pretty good, and everybody says these engines really come alive after about 5k miles. It takes quite a bit to light up 33in tall street tires w/ a limited slip rear, but itll do it! :rockin:

·
2,451 Posts
ive heard of 5.3's beating hemis in races? are they really much faster than the gms? have you joined dodge truck worrld (dtwtrucks.com) yet? For a quick first mod pull out the orange in those heads like you did on your gmc.

·
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, they are not really any faster I would say. Stock GM 5.3s run about anywhere from 15 flat to mid 15s and the Dodge 5.7s Ive read about run the same 15 flat to mid 15s depeding on track and conditions. Of course you have a few "factory freaks" of both that run 14.6s and 14.7s bone stock, but not many. The 5.7L dodges will run a 14.6 w/ intake and exhaust, Im not sure what those do on the GMs. The 345hp to 295hp difference is quickly canceled out by the GMs weight w/ 200lb driver and 1/4 tank being 4400lbs and the Dodges weight w/ the same driver and 1/4 tank being 5100lbs. And 1/4 mile racers know that 700lbs = .7 off the quarter mile times. All these figures are off of rc/sb 2wd trucks.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
nice truck willa, should have gotten a cummins though :driver:

·
I'm back!
794 Posts
damn Will, I didnt see this before, thats a nice rig! those Interiors are huge!! congrats on the new truck!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts