GMC Truck Forum banner

241 - 260 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Full OEM is how on rolling now...really looks good on the black.....you have LED tails don't you?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
Truck looks awesome. I love my HID's and LED lights all over my truck. I need to get LED's for my third brake light, cargo lights, and reverse lights tho. Whered you get your bulbs?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Truck looks awesome. I love my HID's and LED lights all over my truck. I need to get LED's for my third brake light, cargo lights, and reverse lights tho. Whered you get your bulbs?
I got them from some seller on Ebay. I wasn't about to pay for bulbs from those sites that everyone else gets them from.

:roflmao: I can't believe you have a 17 page thread whoring out your truck.
Would you rather me start a new thread every time I do something to my truck? haha And I wouldn't have 17 pages if people didn't keep adding :tongue:

I just want to fit in around here...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #248

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your truck is fawesome man...quick question - is the grille shell just painted, or did (Joe) order it that way?

And another question, have you had the interior trim peel yet? If you have what did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Yeah Joe had it painted....on the '02 the grille was already black, but the surround was chrome. I have had the weather seal peal on me, and I just put a few dots of silicone every foot or so where it pulled up and it has stayed put ever since...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a professional body shop paint the entire OEM grill. It was $100 but done right.

Ah. That's what I figured. A few weeks ago I traded in my Z71 Tahoe on a 2002 black SD, with 41k miles. Finding your truck was my ultimate deciding factor.

I've been debating whether or not I should get rid of the chrome, but I hate the 20s that came on it. I also hate these tires and miss my nittos that were on the hoe.

So far I love the 4WS. I had an SSS before so I'm glad to have the 6.0 and AWD again.

ceee8ee3.jpg

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Paint the Grill Shell :imo....The wheels don't look too bad from what I can tell, post up some pics. Is that a textured bed cover I see?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
My fear is that is is the cheapo kind that runs pigment down your bed when it rains...DNW

·
Registered
4 Posts
My fear is that is is the cheapo kind that runs pigment down your bed when it rains...DNW
It is textured, but it is one of the ArmorLid kind. Not my preference, but since it's already there and free I'll leave it for now. On my SSS I never managed to put a cover on it though, so I doubt I'll end up changing this one out.

Kind of cool that you can stand on top of it. And I haven't noticed any pigment running down the side of the truck (or see any evidence it has in the past).

http://www.armorlid.com/

I've already decided these wheels have to go though. Hopefully within the next few weeks I can manage to come up with the cash to buy some wheels and tires.

This truck is in dire need of a detail, but I've been so busy at work and with summer class I haven't managed to do more than a few minutes at a time. Hopefully after my summer final tomorrow I can free up some time to give the paint some attention.

Anyone have any ideas for repainting the interior rubberized denali trim?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good looking truck, Brad! I sure do miss mine. :(
The 4WS is the greatest thing EVER. Wish my Burban had it.
Thanks Joe, and I'm inclined to agree with you. I'm about to wear out the switch marveling at how much of a difference it makes, lol.

I've got a few things to do before I really feel like it's mine though.

Here is a picture of my Tahoe, I do miss it, but I really enjoy being in a pickup.

dca6d581.jpg

241 - 260 of 298 Posts