GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Formerly White_Stealth
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the wife had been kicking around the idea of buying a rec. vehicle of some type for a couple years now, and it's finally became a reality. We just bought a couple of 4 wheelers. Here's is a 2009 Suzuki KingQuad 500 4x4, and mine is a 2008 Yamaha YFZ450. Both brand new out of the crates.

The Kingquad(in the best color known to mankind WHITE):

DSC04013.jpg

DSC04012.jpg

DSC04017.jpg

The YFZ (would've rather had white, but I couldn't pass up the deal on this one):

DSC04018.jpg

DSC04020.jpg

DSC04021.jpg

Got a winch ordered up for the Suzuki and should be here tomorrow. Then it's off to riding Sat/Sun to break these puppies in.

·
Fat Ginger Kid
2,896 Posts
That yamaha looks wicked. Nice toys you got there.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Me and the wife had been kicking around the idea of buying a rec. vehicle of some type for a couple years now, and it's finally became a reality. We just bought a couple of 4 wheelers. Here's is a 2009 Suzuki KingQuad 500 4x4, and mine is a 2008 Yamaha YFZ450. Both brand new out of the crates.

The Kingquad(in the best color known to mankind WHITE):

DSC04013.jpg

The YFZ (would've rather had white, but I couldn't pass up the deal on this one):

DSC04018.jpg
yes white is the bomb,hey guess what you can paint white one weekend
lol i want one to drive back and forth to work since there street legal here:shake:

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
fuck yeah!

·
Formerly White_Stealth
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys

yes white is the bomb,hey guess what you can paint white one weekend
lol i want one to drive back and forth to work since there street legal here:shake:
Well looks like I'll be getting new plastics or a wrap if I want to go white. Talked to my paint rep and he told me nothing will stick (or stay stuck) to these plastics due to what they are made out of.

·
Daddy
1,360 Posts
YFZ FTMFW!!!
101_0226.jpg

·
Formerly White_Stealth
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ahhhh, what a day today. Got about 8 hours on both of them, which ups my time on my YFZ to a little over 9 hours. Less than an hour til' 3/4 throttle whoohoo! I did find something a little odd though. Later in the day we met a few guys two riding Polaris sport quads and the other on a Honda utility. They wanted to drag race at first I declined since I had the throttle screw in halfway to keep it at half throttle. Then after an hour or so I finally accepted the challenge. I was a bit surprised that even at half throttle mine not only kept up, but pulled away from both of them :dunno:. Only raced a couple times, didn't want to mess anything up.

Anyways on to a few pics of how they are supposed to look. I forgot to take my camera down to the river with my so I didn't get any sweet pics with them in action or with the truck, but here is the aftermath:

DSC04022.jpg

DSC04024.jpg

DSC04026.jpg

DSC04028.jpg

Gonna be a fun afternoon dirtying up the wash bay at work tomorrow!

·
Daddy
1,360 Posts
Clint,
The whole half throttle for the first 8 hours is bullshit. I am a firm believer in seating the rings hard. You don't want to hold it WOT for long periods of time, but you do want to run it hard and "work" the motor. This is how I broke my YFZ in, as with many many others I know and I have over 100 hours on my stock motor and she still pulls really hard.

Another thing, when breaking it in, change the oil after every ride. (6-8 hours) Once she is broke in, you can change it every other ride (10-12 hours) Keep that air filter so clean you could eat off it.

Here is some good reading material for ya:
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
yes i agree, all you dont want to do is hold a constent rpm or speed but you want to break them in hard, they will run better in the long run.

Oh and congrats on the purchase, the YFZ is the only non honda quad i would buy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts