GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going to keep it stock. Well, other than the engine :head: . Going to run a TST box, maybe some injectors and a larger turbo. That will get me about 1100 ft/lbs on level 6 and about 800 ft/lbs on level 4 for towing and keeping the EGT's down.

Picked it up locally, after looking out of state for a year all the sudden it just popped up and I grabbed it.
 

·
Keepin' it real...
Joined
·
2,284 Posts
I thought you were looking at the older style Dodges, didnt expect that new one. Sweet truck.
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
very nice :head: i got plenty of friends with CTD's that swear by them. you will love it pulling goosenecks! very nice truck, im jealous :drool:
 

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
Joined
·
5,501 Posts
Damn dude...how the hell does a 21 yr old have a fuckin badass 96 2500 chevy for a trail rig, SFA, full exo cage, the works, and an almost brand new dodge 3500 dually w/ the cummins??? Badass tow rig BTW...the only thing is that i hate the way the dually fenders are shaped on the new dodge, but who cares, its just a tow rig...lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
I'm sorry you would waste your money. Don't get me wrong the Cummins is a good engine but the tranny is going to puke it guts when you start running a box. Don't forget to throw on an aftermarket exhaust for those EGTs. A box alone will run them up high when towing. Oh yeah don't forget to put that all mighty SFA to the test on your tow rig cause I don't this IFS could handle the load of the trailer alone :bowtie:
 

·
It's Jerry's World
Joined
·
3,573 Posts
y2kboti said:
I'm sorry you would waste your money. Don't get me wrong the Cummins is a good engine but the tranny is going to puke it guts when you start running a box. Don't forget to throw on an aftermarket exhaust for those EGTs. A box alone will run them up high when towing. Oh yeah don't forget to put that all mighty SFA to the test on your tow rig cause I don't this IFS could handle the load of the trailer alone :bowtie:
I think its a stick, not a slushbox :read:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
y2kboti said:
I'm sorry you would waste your money. Don't get me wrong the Cummins is a good engine but the tranny is going to puke it guts when you start running a box. Don't forget to throw on an aftermarket exhaust for those EGTs. A box alone will run them up high when towing. Oh yeah don't forget to put that all mighty SFA to the test on your tow rig cause I don't this IFS could handle the load of the trailer alone :bowtie:
Uh yeah it's a stick there buddy... I know all about dodge auto's...

Oh yeah don't forget to put that all mighty SFA to the test on your tow rig cause I don't this IFS could handle the load of the trailer alone
What is that supposed to mean? I should have bought a Chevy with IFS and a duracrap because I don't need an SFA for towing? :insane: Thats kind of funny because the last time we went to the hammers my buddy had his 02 chevy 3500 dually 4x4 and he blew a cv trying to pull his truck on trailer through the sand in 4x4 to get to camp... But funny thing is the dodge 3500 that was with us had no problems.

Don't forget to throw on an aftermarket exhaust for those EGTs. A box alone will run them up high when towing.
And this kind of a pointless argument, any brand truck with a diesel has to have a new exhaust installed to get the EGT's down, oh and this truck is already equipped with a 4" straight pipe.

So so far I must not have wasted my money because you have been wrong with everything you said.
 

·
...
Joined
·
2,451 Posts
Is this a different truck from the one that you said you took a test drive in, or is it the same and everything went through with the bank
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
(1)LOL your so predictable Jason. I knew I could get a rise out of you with a few simple comments. I'm just giving you a hard time cause I don't care for Dodge, similar to the way you take to people with IFS trucks. Just a dose of your own medice.

willyswanter said:
Uh yeah it's a stick there buddy... I know all about dodge auto's...
They funny part is both the Allison and TorqShift will hold more hp/tq than their counterparts manual, the only upside to the manuals is you can keep them in gear.

willyswanter said:
What is that supposed to mean? I should have bought a Chevy with IFS and a duracrap because I don't need an SFA for towing? :insane: Thats kind of funny because the last time we went to the hammers my buddy had his 02 chevy 3500 dually 4x4 and he blew a cv trying to pull his truck on trailer through the sand in 4x4 to get to camp... But funny thing is the dodge 3500 that was with us had no problems.
See #1

willyswanter said:
And this kind of a pointless argument, any brand truck with a diesel has to have a new exhaust installed to get the EGT's down, oh and this truck is already equipped with a 4" straight pipe.
Straight pipe huh, I don't care for the way they sound not to mention...big time illegal...oh yeah see #1 again :D

Best of luck with the new truck :shake:
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top