GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a brief hiatus from truck mods while I re-did my home theatre, I'm back in time for spring / summer. I've been going back and forth trying to decide whether to finish the exterior, or start on the engine. Since this post is in 'Engine & Performance' you can guess which way I'm going. Between now and the first week of May, here's what I'm doing:

Thunder Racing 220/220 112 w/ 26918 Springs and TR Hardened Pushrods
ARP Cam Bolt Kit
ASP Underdrive with ARP Balancer Bolt
Yank 3000 with ARP Torque Converter Bolts
Trans-Go HD2 and supporting Servos
JetHot supplied Pacesetter LTs w/ ORY to meet with my existing 3" cat-back
Stage 8 Locking Header Bolts
Airaid Charge Pipe w/ K&N Drop In element
Various Gaskets

and, of course, a Nelson 93 Hot Tune to pull it all together. Figure 50% TM Reduction and removal of Abuse Mode, but may only drop to 70% TM to be safe.

I think this is a fairly standard build, but would be interested in hearing comments / suggestions. Can't really think of anything else to do while I'm in there. Digging through threads I decided to pick up the Crane Valve Spring tool to make the spring change a bit quicker. Seems like every time I switch cars, I need a different compressor :insane: I’ll be starting with the intake and headers this month and will go ahead and install those pieces. Everything else will be installed in the same weekend sometime end of April or beginning of May after I’ve accumulated all parts.

One variation I considered was to run an x-pipe to duals instead of the ORY. Thinking that’s going to be too much exhaust though and I'm not trying to loose too much low end. Thoughts on this specifically in relation to my build would be appreciated.

A bit further down the road I won't be doing too much more to it. I'll most likely be adding a 125 shot and at the same time upgrade to a FLT Level 4 and have the Nelson retuned for 0% TM. New differential would also be in the picture. These particular mods are about a year out though.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Intake? Fans? Ported TB? Trans cooler?

Dump all the TqMgt minus some on the WOT 2-3 shift to help the 3-4 pack last.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have OEM trans cooler. Not sure how it'll do under load but I'm adding a trans temp gauge so can call that when the time comes. I dunno about 4L60s, but in my turbo Eclipse I couldnt add a bigger tranny cooler. The TCM used tranny fluid temp to help determine dynamic shift points. By addiding a bigger cooler it would confuse the TCM badly due to the temp drop. Doubt it would be the same on this truck, thoughts?

I'm an '06 so all ready have E-Fans.
T-body is something under consideration that I definately forgot. Whats the generally favored unit for our trucks? I used BBK on my Moosetang with good results.

Seriously think it'll be ok to remove all of TM? I've heard doing this on anything outside an 80E is tranny suicide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts