• other

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Profit
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to a 285 soon and I want to know what yall would think the best choice is for a decent mud tire. I want siping and a somewhat decent ride. I don't mind a little hum or roughness but I want to hear myself think and keep control at highway speeds. I really like the SSR based on friends' experience and from what I read. What would you choose?

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
personally i am thinking of getting BFG or toyo M/T in that size eventually... i saw goodyear wranglers today and they didnt look half bad but i have yet to read up on them

·
R.I.P.
1,278 Posts
I'd deffenatly go with the BFG mts out of those 3. Toyo m/ts are a very nice tire aswell. I just got a set of the bfg m/ts and love them, they are so much smoother and quiter than my pro comp m/ts were.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I just got 37 ssr's and they ride great. have alot of siping for on road traction and looks beastly for a radial tire. only thing is they are heavy.

·
Wambulance Driver
1,790 Posts
I have had both the BFG MT and currently have the SSR in a 285. Hands down with the SSR. The BFG MT's are way to expensive for that price. Also everybody and their mother has BFG's on their truck. The SSR's get attention

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have had both the BFG MT and currently have the SSR in a 285. Hands down with the SSR. The BFG MT's are way to expensive for that price. Also everybody and their mother has BFG's on their truck. The SSR's get attention
How well do the SSR's drive on the interstate? I was contemplating this same thing for the future.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,631 Posts
I got Dakota MT's from Nebraska tire for $520 shipped, knock off tire, but they balanced good and have a really decent tread

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
SSR's are a radial tire and they ride well on the highway. i got them up to 80 mph and no vibes, they took some weight to balance but they are shake free.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts