GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a NBS 3 piece escalade cover on my 99 Sierra......

Of course I my research before I bought it to see how it would actually fit..... I saw a few posts on making some sort of a bracket to make it fit right... yada, yada, yada

I really was suprised to find out that NONE of these posts helped me, and either my 5.3 is screwey under the hood, or all the other people that have installed the 6.0 covers on their smaller engines had some wierd gig involved :think:

all in all, This cover is NOT a direct bolt on in any way, since I really didn't bolt it on my truck. It's got two screws on the Top cover.... only one of them matches up to the 99 engine mounts, as far as the side engine covers, I had to trim the left side cover so the cruise control cable could go to the computer, cuz that wasn't lining up.... the cover is all the way at the back of the engine compartment almost sandwitched against the firewall. There are two screws on each of the sides of the side covers, and there is no real place to bolt them up(nor would it really matter :imo )

but basically, after some work and fidgeting with the thing for awhile, the cover fits, very snug in there, infact.... it's not going anywhere since the upper cover holds the sides in place very well....... No need for ANY bracketry, just the one screw it took on mine and it's in there very well...... i don't really see a need for any bracket to be made or anything.... it wouldn't do much of anything.... I guess the slightly bigger cover on the smaller engine and the way the engine in positioned under the hood did it for my truck.... it just seemed that once you finally got all the pieces to match up how they are intedended to fit, they will stay that way.

only complaint I have is the fact that the right side of the cover covers up the oil filler cap about half way, but no biggie....

.. i just thought I'd clear this up since some other people have been looking into this mod, and I don't want anyone to be misinformed :crazy:

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
o yeah... here's a Pic-cha for you guys

I am still thinking about what to do about the bagde on the front, but I'll most likely just sand it off before paint.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Thanks for the info!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts