GMC Truck Forum banner

My posts will probably be going away

11K views 143 replies 27 participants last post by  VegasJ 
#1 ·
I've been informed that since I don't want to give the new forum conglomerate owners several hundred dollars a month, they're going to be deleting my posts. That being said, I won't have much reason to be here if my posts are going to be deleted. If you want to contact me, you can find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/EMFAudioLabs/ or Instagram https://www.instagram.com/emfaudio/ or the contact on the website and if you don't care about audio as much and just want to check out my cars there is https://www.instagram.com/emfautos

#3 ·
wait....hundreds a month? how much did shaggy charge before? They haven't done shit to warrant a price increase, imo.

#5 ·
What the new owner wants per month is what I was paying per year. The site used to drive traffic to my website, so it was justified. It doesn't so much anymore. If I can't make back what it's costing, why would I do it?

They don’t even do anything to the site, do you honestly think they’ll take the time to delete posts? Lol
Apparently somebody reported a post for selling, so they'll target mine specifically. They may just delete the entire account, who knows.

#114 ·
They did it to me. They won't delete them one by one. I had posts that were old, and then started reading through the site further, and trying to update some older threads. Some of them had the wrong information that I corrected. Some I had questions about, it seemed better to show I was searching and to try continue old threads to try to continue a discussion when it was relevant. There are some whiney bitches in here who got butthurt about me bringing up a 2 yr old thread "because it wasn't relevant when talking about a 15-20 yr old vehicle".. :bird:

I don't recall who, but there were too many acting like teenage girls keeping their click going in here. Not everyone wants to read 4 pages of dumb stuff to get three posts of information. Not only is it a few members who have too much free time that are ruining this site, now it sounds like the heads of the site are screwing up too.

Don't cave in. There are better places to post. Don't waste your money as they drag this place down.

07burb, feel free to lock/delete my account. This time, I'm unsubscribing.

#7 ·
yeah fuck that

#10 ·
In it's literal form, that is quite contradictory.

lol wow.....won't fix the issues that make this site virtually unusable but hike up the prices to some stupid amount and jack with users who won't pay. This is going to end really well for everyone LOL
It would be quite epic of every vendor bailed *cough*. Maybe everybody should go to fullsizechevy.com, oh wait, it's a hijacked malware cesspool and not a thing anymore. I wonder who killed that one.

#28 ·
We could all move to Fgtbook.

I’ve tried groups on there but can’t get past the lack of individual threads. Plus people trying to sell shit.
Bit of irony there, eh? People trying to sell stuff in groups without paying..... The lack of individual threads and barely searchable as well as not crawled by search engines with the added stupidity of stupid makes me not do much with FB groups. Somebody gets butthurt and greats their own group so it's 1,000 groups of the same subject with no activity in all but 1 of them.

You sound like a weirdo without fb
I'm using it less and less, definitely backing out on the business side of things. I want to choose what I want to see, not what they choose for me to see, and they don't show people your posts unless you pay them to now. Over 17,000 followers, I post a pic and 200 people see it. If it's just a text post, don't bother, literally less than 20 will see it. Videos do a little better, I might see 400 out of those. So yeah, on a good day, 2% will see what I post. I get more response from Youtube with 6k subscribers.

#36 ·
there's the $100 question

but seriously, shaggy bought this place because of revenue, not because he was an active member like hundreds of us, he sold the place because he gave less than 3 shits about anything but dollhair signs

#40 ·
shaggy didn't start it....he bought it

#56 ·

who wants to get a gofundme going for sean's vendor dues?
Paying hundreds of dollars a month so I can answer questions appropriately that aren't getting asked as much as they used to?

I will miss him arguing with people
I recommend following my Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. There is no shortage of "experts" there.

Sean could stick around as a member lol.
Then the second I mention a product, they lose their tits and it's perma-ban time.

#46 ·
who wants to get a gofundme going for sean's vendor dues?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.