GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally get to make a build thread:crazy:

I guess I just never got around to documenting my mods, but since I plan to keep this truck long term, I figure what the hell!

So I picked this up last week, a 2014 GMC Sierra SLE CC 4x4 with 9500 miles. It has a 6" Procomp suspension lift, with Procomp 5182 20x9.5 wheels and 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ tires. It also has AMP Research steps installed, as well as a flush tonneau cover. Here are a few pics from the seller..

untitled_zpszjiqt2ns.png

_57_zpssdznfmsg.jpg

_57888_zps3kocqpzl.jpg

_5777_zpsybaeinnn.jpg

Ok, so time to get to work. I started off by removing the entire front end. The headlights are sent out to Phil (FASTWS6TA) to get cleared. I'm colormatching the front bumper and grill to get rid of that chrome...its just too much for me on Flame Red. Excuse the dirty truck in the pics!

IMG_0371_zpsop28uhxh.jpg

Next up was debadging the Sierra emblems on the doors and tailgate.

IMG_0387_zpszzqdlcnc.jpg

Now, I usually fully debadge my trucks, but I've always loved the design of this emblem, and the location on the GMC trucks. So, for now, I plastidipped it black. I had to improvise with a fork to pick out the plastidip in the X!

IMG_0375_zps1p43hj2n.jpg

IMG_0386_zpsqx0tdomj.jpg

IMG_0388_zps8nwpejiz.jpg

IMG_0389_zpsdniawec9.jpg

IMG_0390_zpsvdl9txho.jpg

IMG_0391_zpstqj2rstb.jpg

I didn't really take any before or after pics of the tailgate GMC badge, and I'm not entirely sure that I'm going to leave it on the there. But, I figured I'd plastidip it first and see how it looks once I get the tailgate handle/bezel colormatched this week. If it looks shitty or chunky, I'll remove it too.

IMG_0392_zpsn2tvdm8i.jpg

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next up was time to hide the chrome window moldings. Now, I usually would just swap them out with the Silverado ones, but I'm a little funny about cracking open brand new door panels for something so simple. So, I stopped by my local vinyl shop and got some satin black vinyl and laid it over the chrome.

IMG_0396_zpsugwtuyqo.jpg

IMG_0395_zpsffrwovp0.jpg

IMG_0397_zpsiwoo980j.jpg

IMG_0399_zps8unt7qlv.jpg

Ok, after painting some frame and suspension parts that are exposed in the wheelwells, I finally gave it a bath while it waits for the colormatched parts to arrive this week.

IMG_0401_zpsdo7viykh.jpg

IMG_0407_zpslhwd4rds.jpg

IMG_0408_zpsxihy315q.jpg

IMG_0409_zpskmaasxda.jpg

IMG_0410_zps7ihhkg5k.jpg

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so over the next few weeks, I'll be tinting the front windows once it goes through state inspection. As stated earlier, the tailgate handle/bezel and front bumper and grill will be colormatched. I'm going to add some HIDs, LED switchbacks and LED license lamps. I'm also going to remove the side moldings, but I ran out of fingertips and Goo-Gone from the other debadging :lol:

I've been torn on the rear bumper, and whether or not I should colormatch it right now. But I think I'm going to wait and find a no-step All Terrain bumper and them colormatch that. I really despise the corner steps, but they'll have to ride it out for a bit lol

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
You always have nice builds. Nice work on the '14!

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Damn Ryan! Nice job and nice truck....

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Sick! Wish I had a 14'. Have you thought about plastidip on the rear bumper for now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sick! Wish I had a 14'. Have you thought about plastidip on the rear bumper for now?

Thanks man...yeah I have actually, and I'll probably go ahead and do it when I put the rest of it back together.

I found the rear bumper new for $475ish, so I'll get it soon, weld up the back-up sensor holes and get it painted in the spring!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I hated the steps on my 14 also, and I did what you are saying about the all terrain and once the bumper got here I forgot it had back up sensors :/ so I had to weld those holes up but looks way better without the step

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stopped by the painters earlier today, and snapped a few pics. I'm gonna pick them up and get them back on the truck by Saturday I hope. Still a little bit longer on my lights coming back from Phil though

IMG_0430_zpskd8opvmj.jpg

IMG_0432_zpsul6qyulo.jpg

IMG_0431_zpscvhd1dbf.jpg

Reactions: SierraZ570

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
looks awesome, your stuff is always top notch

·
professional grade
4,143 Posts
Gotta get them fender trims painted too!!! Everything else looks great

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
kinda disappointed its not following the lifted OEM style you've done in the past but still a clean build

1 - 20 of 72 Posts