GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I posted this in the "Introduction" forum but it also fits in this thread. Hope you don't mind the double post.

I'm from Amarillo, TX. I just bought a '99 2-door Tahoe. LT Z-71 with the 5.7L Engine and Automatic Transmission. New 6" suspension, towing package, cruise control, leather seats, power seats ...

I'm 3 months into a restoration of the vehicle and should be finished in a couple of weeks.

Here's some "before" pics:

I owned a '95 Tahoe and missed it since I traded it in a few years ago. I sold an '05 Dodge Power Wagon to buy this one ... that's how bad I missed my old Tahoe.

Hobbies: I drag race a 2003 Mach 1 Mustang and I'm an avid flyfisherman ... both hobbies have me itching for Spring.

Here's a pic of my car:

I'll post "after" pics of my Tahoe when I get her finished.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Your Mach is sexy. I have a Bullit myself. Stock for now. It's a every so often DD. If that makes any sense.

Plans for the Bullit:
Mach1 Chin Lip
18" Black/Pollished Deep Dish Bullit's on DR's
Drag Launch Springs
Gears
D1SC ProCharger
And Alot of other crap

·
Bassmaster
701 Posts
A fellow fisherman....the Tahoe and Stang are badddd!!

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
the wheels and tires on that hoe look terrible

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the wheels and tires on that hoe look terrible

Yes, they do. I've got them in a shed for sale.

This is a body/interior restoration. The day I took the Tahoe to the body shop I put some Weld wheels and BFG TA All Terrain Radials on her. :head:

·
Registered
871 Posts
nice tahoe and i love the stang, i used to have one also
DSCN0044_edited.gif

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Here's some updated pic on the restoration. She's coming along very nicely ...

Don't be jealous of my new racin' seat. ;)

Should be done in a couple of weeks.

I can't wait. :drool:

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
you werent kidding about the restoration... it was in pretty good shape to begin with damn

·
Registered
676 Posts
Looks like someone stripped it for parts! But it looks like its going to come out good! Is it staying white or you doing something different i dont think i saw it anywhere above?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Damn, you don't fuck around when you say restoration...like thArf said, it looked pretty nice before.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

The "before" pics are the pics from the e-bay ad and they look really good. Once I drove 9 hours, one-way, my eyes saw what the camera couldn't capture. Many, many, many small dents, dings, and scratches. The upholstery was pretty rough, the dash bezels broken, sound system gutted ...

The day after I got her home we started an complete interior/exterior restoration. It's going back to factory clear coat White. That was the first week in January. She should be finished in the next 10-14 days.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Looks like my Yukon right now. I have only my driver seat in mine. And I drove it around yesterday too, which was kind of weired.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts