GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a set of cognitos upper control arms on my lifted NNBS this past weekend, Let me first say that the quality of the arms are top notch and much nicer than i anticapated. The fitment was just like if not better than OEM. The install took a little over an hour and a half, and i had no problems what so ever with them. Look at the photos to see the build quality and fitment of the arms as well as the new angles they achieve.

OEM vs. COGNITO

dsgfd.jpg

mail.jpg

OEM angles

wertyu.jpg

qwertyui.jpg

fdgrehgre.jpg

COGNITO angles

juytfbnjg.jpg

juygmkmnbvfghjh.jpg

wertfvbh.jpg

The ride is actually a little different on the pavement, but where it is way more noticable is on the trails. the extra down travel of the arms make going into dips and ruts alot more predictable and also smoother. Definately worth the money, i only got them because i had a bad upper balljoint and for the bolt in balljoints making them a breeze to replace and also i plan on adding a 2" spacer to my lift and i diddnt want crappy UCA angles that would eat up my ball joints. Just figured id post up to help anyone looking into getting new UCA's some info on them as i couldnt find anything about these prior to ordering them. Also i went with the sealed ball joints as i go offroad on the beach and in mud also the winters around here are crazy with all the salt on the roads and i hear that these conditions will eat up uniball's

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks for the info, I've been wanting to get some for mine! :worship:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Must say great job on this thread, alot of great info, definitely got me looking into getting a set of these now

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I know these arms are a little pricey, but it looks like it is definitely a good investment if you want your front suspension to last. Good job on the pics to show how well the angles are corrected with these arms :thumbsup:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice. My next investment. Did u cut ur bumpstops???
Its not the bumpstops that were cut it is actually droop stops, they are there to keep your suspension from over extending. However your shocks will limit the amount of droop your suspension has. The arms did give me about 1.5-2" more droop and the cv angles are ok with that, if you mount the balljoints to the bottom instead of the top like mine are you will actually get about 3-3.5" more droop over the OEM arms.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What did you end up spending on them? Thanks im considering a set
I got them for 529.00 from cognito, the uniball arms are about 200.00 more but in my opinion these are better due to their serviceable ball joints, and my truck is not a trophy truck by any means so these fit the bill perfectly. Also there are a great option to all the other UCA's currently on the market.

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
Its not the bumpstops that were cut it is actually droop stops, they are there to keep your suspension from over extending. However your shocks will limit the amount of droop your suspension has.
Not exactly. Your shocks arent meant to prevent your suspension from hyper extending. You really should look into getting some limit straps now that you cut off your droop stop.

Arms look awesome on the other hand. I wonder if they make them boxed for the NBS too.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Nice arms but no way I would ever cut the stops without limit straps or something else in their place :imo

·
Registered
287 Posts
You said you were looking for more lift. Now do you need to cut the droop stop off when installing these arms (like it is part of the install directions) or is it because of your future plans?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does the extended space from the cognito uca to the spindle decrease the strength of the ball joint? it looks at least 1/2" to 1" longer than the stock balljoint

·
Hillbilly
1,525 Posts
Not exactly. Your shocks arent meant to prevent your suspension from hyper extending. You really should look into getting some limit straps now that you cut off your droop stop.

Arms look awesome on the other hand. I wonder if they make them boxed for the NBS too.
On my rcx 7.5 you have to cut out the droop stops. I was nervous to do it but I followed the directions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts