GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
That Guy
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 17th birthday my parents got these flexsteal seats from a salvage yard in florida for $100 shipped. They aren't that pretty looking but they are comfortable as heck. Anyways, I thought I would change them up a little bit so I could put them back in my truck and match my blue interior.

Here's what I started with.

Here's the passenger seat. I cut the frame down a few weeks ago.

You can seat how much shorter the seat will be.

Got the frame cut and cover put back on.

My awesome upholstery skills.

And covered to match my interior.

Right now I can't find the foam for the passenger seat so I can't cover it yet and install these bishes. The master plan iss to completely re-foam and re-upholster the seats, just don't have the funds at the moment.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
smoking deal!!! only 100!!!

are you 17 or 19?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
If this is a joke or not, this is one of the most hilarious progress threads I've ever seen.

·
That Guy
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got them two years ago. This is just temporary until I get all new materials to make some nice seats. Anyways, got them put in today. Had to buy some foam from the fabric place yesterday. Doesn't look as nice as the driver seat, but I'm not sitting in it so it OK.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
if those are the seats you put in how fucked up was the seat you took out

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
vinyl or cloth ??? and did it fold???

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Even if it was for sell, shipping would be a bitch. It would probably have to be drop shipped or something. :killer: It's going to be my couch for my dorm next semester.
Ikea is your dorms best friend.....

Cheap and looks pretty damn good! :imo

1 - 20 of 29 Posts