GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is my nothing special 2000 extended cab 5.3 Silverado. It was given to me just for the simple fact my father in law didn't want to trade it in. It was bone stock when given to me and all the oil changes were always made. It had roughly 205k miles on it. I have had it for a couple months now. There is alot of stuff I want to do but my budget is slow for the time being with 2 boys and their sports. Both play baseball and football.

Here it is the day I brought it home or drove to work. And that's not my truck that was bleeding all that oil.

Chevy_zps85da81ed.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First couple things I did was take the bug shield and visors from the windows. Still need to remove the rails on the bed also.

Added LED lights to the inside and to the license plate lights.

inside_zps4dab09d7.jpg

LPlights_zps02629efb.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next I picked up a painted grill shell of C-list. Its not perfect but i will get it fixed here soon. Also on the to do list is get rid of these headlights. I hate them. Looking to maybe get some like the ones on this truck. May also go with the SS front bumper also. Just not sure how well it will look on a truck that's not lowered much.

Grill_zps2fa2bab7.jpg

lights_zps2ab7b1e5.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next my loving wife surprised me with a gift from the boys. Took me a little while and research to get it in but I did. Still need to get the Xm hook up and I-pod connections to put in. I dont want to pull it out again until I have all the stuff for my amps and door speakers ( rca's and wiring). Also wanted to use this sub but it looks like I cant find a box for it to fit under the rear seat so I may be putting it up for sale or trade.

Pioneer_zps7089fc0d.jpg

INSTALL_zpsca87f728.jpg

Installed_zps5e9162de.jpg

KickerL5_zps8e7c1dfc.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picked this up this past weekend for 100 bux. Havent installed it yet due to the fact I have some other stuff I want done to the interior first. I want to get the dash, center console and some other stuff painted pewter the trucks color. Just not 100% sure on how I want to do the door panels and seats yet. May just go ahead and put the console in until I get every thing painted. The last picture is of a truck for sale around here that I am basing how I want the inside to look

Console1_zpsa0102f7b.jpg

Console2_zpsc192bf35.jpg

Console3_zps9dd856b4.jpg

Interior_zps56f77406.png

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
You should post some pictures of the truck so we know what your working with...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its the 1st truck posted.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its showing me that my 1st post has a picture of my truck in it sitting outside my job. I dont know why its not showing for you.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
It's not showing for me either, but I'm liking where your build is going. Good job!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just uploaded it again. Not sure why it wasnt working. Def want to keep it clean and simple as far as the build goes. I am 50/50 on whether or not i want to do any major performance mods to it. I really want to get a reg cab after the 1st of the year and make a little street truck out of it but not sure.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
I just uploaded it again. Not sure why it wasnt working. Def want to keep it clean and simple as far as the build goes. I am 50/50 on whether or not i want to do any major performance mods to it. I really want to get a reg cab after the 1st of the year and make a little street truck out of it but not sure.
demold, debadge, remove box chrome bars, color match handles, level it, put stock grill or CM grill, chrome/clear lights. exterior would look 100X better

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Def going to be doing some more color matching, door handles, bumpers and probably mirrors. I already have a color matched stock grill on the front. Also want a cowl hood.

Oh I forgot I did put a spintech muffler on but I don't really like it.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Def going to be doing some more color matching, door handles, bumpers and probably mirrors. I already have a color matched stock grill on the front. Also want a cowl hood.

Oh I forgot I did put a spintech muffler on but I don't really like it.
get HD hood.

colormatch upper bumper cap. let these be motivation. big blues truck

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From what it looks like I am going to be the one of few that doesn't care for the HD hood. Don't get me wrong it does look good on some but I don't think it will fit in on my look.

This truck is more my motivation, just wont be as low.

twintruck001_zpsc8ace0a6.jpg

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
From what it looks like I am going to be the one of few that doesn't care for the HD hood. Don't get me wrong it does look good on some but I don't think it will fit in on my look.

Big cowls just look silly

·
Registered
168 Posts

emumehyb.jpg

Wow that truck is sexy. I now think I gotta get some chrome wheels and make mine identical to it lol....

I'm with u bro, I like the hd hood, but the cowl is so much nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Wow that truck is sexy. I now think I gotta get some chrome wheels and make mine identical to it lol....

I'm with u bro, I like the hd hood, but the cowl is so much nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What Drop is your truck?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I see you have the tinted headlights like what is on my truck. Looks like you have HID's also. How is the light out put with them? I hate mine right now as I can see crap at night with reg bulbs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts