GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a few problems with my truck, but no check engine light or anything is coming on. Well what basically happens is when my truck is cold, you press on the gas and nothing really happens, it starts to accelerate really slow, and will have little spurts of power, and then nothing. Its sorta bogging down and feels like its about to fall on its face. Another problem i have is with the gas gauge, it goes crazy on me, but from what i read its the sender units. Should any of this bring on a check engine light or some sort of service light? Any suggestions would be appreciated! PS its a 1999 2wd sierra with 4.8L auto tranny.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
The sending unit is a common problem and mine has done it for a while. The bogging down could be caused by a number of things. It could be the fuel pump or a clogged cat. If it doesn't do it when it's warm its probably more fuel related than the catalytic converters.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Be careful with it when it's cold. Dont give it too much throttle. Your o2 sensors could be going bad, possibly a clogged fuel filter, or like ^he posted, your cats could be getting clogged up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts