GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a few times that when I would press on the gas pedal it wouldn't accelerate so I took my truck to the dealer to get serviced before the warranty gets voided with the bags and it turns out the reverse clutch is "burnt out". How the hell does that happen? One of the guys at the dealer said it might be because of the rims. So the dealer called the warranty company and they're gonna send an inspector. I hope they don't try to screw me over because of the rims or because the warranty's almost expired. Any tips/suggestions?

·
Registered
658 Posts
put the stock rims on

·
Registered
658 Posts
then take it to a different dealership

·
Registered
50 Posts
do you currently run a programmer to calibrate the speedo? If so the configuration of your shift points and fuel mapping would have been returned to a stock pattern. The dealership can kiss your ass.(after fixing your truck!)

Kyle

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yes I agree put the stock ones back on and go to another dealership and don't contact the one you went to about it again. I think you wouldn't have a problem doing that.

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
Hold your ground with them. Trucks are coming from dealers with 20's like the SS right? It sounds like they are trying to screw you. Don't take ANY shit from them. As long as your trans is covered by your warranty. Make then fix it
Going to another dealer won't do much good imo. Have you ever tried "carfax?" Once you bring your car in for any service. It's entered into the system, and the next dealer will see that when they enter your Vin. number.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yes, but will it say that it was in for having the wheels too big? Cause he said they're having a guy from GM come down. Do you have factory brakes with your 22's?
I really don't think the 22's have anything to do with it. I'd just tell them it's under warranty and you want it fixed.

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
yes, but will it say that it was in for having the wheels too big?
When I ran a Carfax on my truck the other day. It told me everything except names of people. As long as someone enters the 411 into the system. It will show up. It would be my guess that the Service writer did enter some kind of note explaining what they think is wrong.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
285/35/22 is pretty close to the stock tire size. I don't see what your wheels would have to do with it. Most dealers are probably trained to blame it on the owner if they see anything that isn't stock. Take it back up there and let them look it over, if you put the stockers back on they'll remember the 22's and you'll look guilty in their eyes :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A while back I was talking to one of the guys at that same dealer that deals with warranty stuff and he said that the rims wouldn't be a problem. He's the one that recommended the HPP3 to recalibrate the tranny. I had to take that off before I took it to the dealer. I just have to fight this if they decide not to cover it because one guy at the dealer said it would cost about $2,000 to fix. I don't want that to have to come out of my airbag funds.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Dealers always try to fuck you... So dont let them run you over, unless you like giving $$$ out and if so I can PM you my address and you can send me some... LOL

But really, the rims dont do shit to mess it up... Some trucks just have problems and some dont, just the woes of Mass Manufacturing... Dont take no shit man....

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
the rim thing is bs... i've never seen an escalade on stock rims. Around here they always put some huge blingers on them, ones that are bigger than yours. They wouldn't do that if it fucked up stuff:read:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help everyone. I'll fill you guys in on what happened with the inspector tomorrow. BTW, the rental '04 silvy sucks because it's stock! It sucks not having my truck. The dealer has been "road testing" my truck(assholes are cruisin in my truck!).

·
Registered
14 Posts
The dealers will look for any reason not to have to pay on a warranty. I had a 9" lift and 36's and they told me the first time I took it in that since they saw it with the modifications that now my suspension (who cares) and complete drivetrain warranty were now void. When I did have a problem they rufused to warranty my ABS and charged me over $1500 in parts and labor due to the modifactions. I would be careful what you take it to them with as far as modifications go. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
That sucks! They are definately going to grab what they can to say its your fault.. but definately fight it (if you need to).

Good luck! :boxing:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
sierraon22s said:
Thanks for the help everyone. I'll fill you guys in on what happened with the inspector tomorrow. BTW, the rental '04 silvy sucks because it's stock! It sucks not having my truck. The dealer has been "road testing" my truck(assholes are cruisin in my truck!).
if they mess up anything. kill them. i hate godamned dealerships and their fucking road tests... last time my ass gets an oil change from them!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just called the dealer and they said that the inspector didn't give then any crap so the truck will be ready by tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts