GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck Clean

Spent Saturday washing and waxing the truck. It has been in need of it for a long time. It looks great IMO nice and shiny. The pics lost some quality in the upload for some reason :bawl:

What do you think? Good Job?

232-2.gif

216-2.gif

227-2.gif

223-2.gif

DSC00220.gif

221-2.gif

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Clean lookin truck Brandon. All the time spent detailing it really paid off :head:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
:thumbsup: You did a great job, the hardest part is keeping it up after the first time you drive it and it gets dusty :anitoof:

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
I found out the key to keeping my truck clean right after I wash it, is to run the California Car Duster over it every day.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
VicRed said:
I found out the key to keeping my truck clean right after I wash it, is to run the California Car Duster over it every day.
Werd! I use it all the time. And with all this damn pollen around lately!!

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.
I didnt know I was capable of it to tell you the truth.
Ill keep it clean as long as I can resist :anitoof: but for now anyway it looks good and more importantly it has a nice protective coat of wax on it which it needed.

Thanks
BD

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Looks great. One thing I'll suggest... Take the "1500" and "LS" badges off, but leave the bodyside molding. It my "1500" and "LS" badges off, and I think it looks 100x better. I left my bodyside molding, though, to prevent door dings. :bowtie:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Grant said:
Looks great. One thing I'll suggest... Take the "1500" and "LS" badges off, but leave the bodyside molding. It my "1500" and "LS" badges off, and I think it looks 100x better. I left my bodyside molding, though, to prevent door dings. :bowtie:

You might have a point there. Good Idea.
I have never wanted to debadge my truck, although it is a good look its just not the look im going for. But I have never thought of taking just the 1500 off.
I like the look of sidemolding on a lifted truck (getting there), makes it look tougher or something IMO. But taking the 1500 off probably would clean it up without loosing that offroad type look.
I dont know about the LS badges, kinda lets people know its not the base version with rollup windows and stuff LOL.. might have to keep that one:crazy:
What do yall think? Stupid to take just the 1500 badges off? ?

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
take all the badges off your truck except the LS badges. And leave the side moldings.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Thats cool man, leave the LS (and whatever else) badges if you like 'em. I just think that taking off the 1500 badges would really clean it up. But at the same time, the body molding remaining would still give it a tough look. :bowtie: Remember, they're just held on with 3M tape. If you take 'em off and decide you liked it better with them, just get some new tape and put 'em back on. :anitoof:

·
Wheel On'
1,414 Posts
Looks good, whens the lift going on.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Looks good! Nice 'n shiney... if you're using a digital camera you may want to adjust the aperture (turn it down) for better pics.. I really like the one of the hood reflections :waytogo:

And yes, dusting your car is the key to keeping it clean :bowtie:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts