GMC Truck Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 1521 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,481
I ordered up the CHE trunions yesterday, should be here on Wednesday.
I also dropped the gas tank yesterday to change the fuel pump sock and make sure all is well in the tank. I changed the inline filter aswell.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,482
The new trunions showed up today. I put them in and fired up the truck. It was nice to hear it again.
You can see the trunion that the side broke off on was trashed. To be honest alot of them looked really good still. Some of them had little to no wear.
I pulled the intake off yesterday to check how the ports look with the new catch can setup i ran last summer and all the ports look good. I also started cleaning up under the hood. I am going to pull the valve covers again to recheck the rockers again and then I will finish cleaning. I will get some pics when I do.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,484
Those are really nice!
What's that in the upper right corner?
Did they come with a assembly tool too!
They are nicer then I was expecting.
Lol
Those are the snap rings, these are not pressed on, they are floating so it was super easy to do. Slide them on and put the snap ring on

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,548 Posts
They are nicer then I was expecting.
Lol
Those are the snap rings, these are not pressed on, they are floating so it was super easy to do. Slide them on and put the snap ring on
Didn't know they weren't pressed on. Wish now I would have payed the extra $ for the CHE kit. It wasn't hard pressing the Smith Bro kit together but you have to be careful to keep them free from binding.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,486
Didn't know they weren't pressed on. Wish now I would have payed the extra $ for the CHE kit. It wasn't hard pressing the Smith Bro kit together but you have to be careful to keep them free from binding.
I did alot of reading on all of them, I almost went with the manton ones but I think the CHE will do just fine for me. What really got me was the oiling grooves in them. The Smith bros ones looked really good aswell but like you said I like the fact that these are free floating so no worrying about binding and making sure they are spaced correctly.
I am not sure what's next for the truck, I have been looking at a new trans temp gauge to match the rest of my gauges, my current one has been in the truck for over 10 years aswell. I am also thinking about getting a new fuel pressure gauge because mine only seems to work when it wants to and I like to know what my fuel pressure is at all times.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,487
I pulled the valve covers to check everything out and retorque the rockers last night.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,488
I just got off the phone with arb about my rear locker issues and even tho my locker is around 10 years old they are going to send me out the parts for free to hopefully fix the issue. My plan was to swap it out for a Detroit locker but I thought I would give them a call first and see what it would cost to fix. I thought it was very cool of them to try and help me out so I will try this out and hope it works. It not I will swap the locker out.
If it solves my issue then I will pull the trans and get it freshened and send the converter out to get cut and cleaned with the money I would have spent on a new locker.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,489
I changed the oil today, put a new belt on, lowered the front 1 3/4" and also ordered a new fuel pressure gauge.
I fired the truck up again so I took a little video, damn is the valvetrain alot quieter with the new trunions.
The plan tomorrow is to give the truck a temporary alignment myself and also clean the underside of the truck.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,490
Did a quick alignment today and also spent about 3hrs cleaning under the truck. It isnt perfect but I am getting to old to crawl under a truck for that long. Lol
Round 1 of cleaning under the hood is done. I will have to do it again in spring.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,491
I ordered these today. I currently have 2 gauges in my vents that I made out of plastic.
These should look better and I will also be able to use my heat in those vents again.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,493
From Mean Green on PT.net?

He's my neighbor.. I have a pod made by him. He does good work :)
Yeah man
Looks like a nice piece, I am excited to get them. Make it look a little more factory

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,494
Fuel pressure gauge showed up

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,495
My gauge vents showed up.
I have 2 gauges that need to be painted out, prepped, cleaned and ready for paint.
I will probably do that tonite

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,496
I tore my meniscus almost 2 weeks ago but only took this week off from work. Sitting around this week has drove me crazy so today I took all the plasti dip off the front bumper and grill and re did it.
I also put the new vent gauge pods in. I still have to buy a matching trans temp gauge which I will do in the next month or so.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,498
Not sure why they are all flipped around, they do still swivel.
I ordered a new matching trans gauge, a buddy also gave me a new dual nitrous bottle holder. Should look alot better then what I have now.
If my knee feels well enough tomorrow I will bolt it up.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,499
Trans gauge should be here today.
Also have to grab a couple fittings because I dont like how the dual feed to the bottles are right now.
Not sure why my pictures are all turned around all of a sudden.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,500
Trans is out and at the shop getting freshened, converter is on it's way to circle d for a cut and clean, I have a 6 pin connector for the nitrous wiring on the way, couple grommets to close up some holes coming, new rear main seal and rear cover gasket, picked up trans fluid today.
Have to blow out the trans cooler and hoses, not sure if I will replace the trans hoses or not, they are probably 5 years old or so, might change them to make me feel better.

1481 - 1500 of 1521 Posts