GMC Truck Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1521 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Trans is out and at the shop getting freshened, converter is on it's way to circle d for a cut and clean, I have a 6 pin connector for the nitrous wiring on the way, couple grommets to close up some holes coming, new rear main seal and rear cover gasket, picked up trans fluid today.
Have to blow out the trans cooler and hoses, not sure if I will replace the trans hoses or not, they are probably 5 years old or so, might change them to make me feel better.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Looking forward to some full send videos in the near future!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,502
Looking forward to some full send videos in the near future!
Thanks man!
Unfortunately it will be awhile due to it being winter where I am.
Now that the nitrous is fixed you guys will see alot of street racing vids from me this summer.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks man!
Unfortunately it will be awhile due to it being winter where I am.
Now that the nitrous is fixed you guys will see alot of street racing vids from me this summer.

No rush man. Winter here too, though the snow typically melts off within a couple days. Enjoying watching the progress anyway, and the racing will just be that much sweeter.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,504
Damn, I wish the snow would melt like that here. Lol
Some of the highs next week are -26c without the windchill

·
Registered
231 Posts
Damn, I wish the snow would melt like that here. Lol
Some of the highs next week are -26c without the windchill

Ouch.. been a colder one around here as well, the snow isn’t melting off as fast as usual. I typically wash the truck about 1x week, or maybe 2. It’s been a damn month since I’ve been able to clean the nasty salt, grime, and mag chloride off her. Although, I’m not complaining about the weather here.. just about perfect in Colorado. -26.. damn, that’s -14 to us imperial folks. Lol. Chilly! We hit 60F today! (15c)

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,506
I hear ya on trying to keep the vehicles clean. It has been warm (for us) lately and with the salt it has made the streets such a mess. I washed my car today and I am going to go wash the wifes Tahoe this evening, it hurts me to see the Tahoe so filthy. The car I dont really care about but I had time so I washed it. Lol

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,508
Makes it hard to justify dumping money into something that's literally disintegrating more and more each year. Easily the worst thing about living up here
Very true, the wifes Tahoe was from Texas.
It has been out here for 9 years?
The painted bumpers are rusting and a couple of the doors have some rust on the inside of the bottom. I always open the doors and spray them.
I try and keep it clean because it's probably close to the least rustiest 05s around.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,509
The good thing about this color is it doesnt look overly dirty even when it is.
Lol

May aswell post one of the truck

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,510
Picked the trans up Thursday. I cleaned up a little wiring under the truck yesterday.
Now it's the waiting game for the converter to get back.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,511
Today's plan is to change the rear main seal and cover gasket, put a new pig tail on the stock oil pressure sensor, I have a mechanical gauge but it bothers me that a gauge doesnt work on the dash. Lol
Going to try oven cleaner on the headers to make them purdy again and also going to order up a dragy so I can do some testing in Mexico to see if a tune change works or not.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,512
Cleaned up the headers abit, far from perfect but even with oven cleaner and a scotch brite on the drill it was very hard to get them clean.
I decided to get the injectors cleaned and flow matched, hopefully pick them back up tomorrow.
The weather pack connector for the nitrous finally showed up after almost a month.
The converter made it to circle d and hopefully will get sent back to me in a week or 2 so I can get the trans back in.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,513
I picked the injectors up yesterday. They were all good but 1 was 3% out. They are all cleaned, flowed and good now. I put it back together last night.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,514
Sooo I got a email from ups saying my converter should be delivered today.
I didn't even know it was done, I talked to them a couple weeks ago about what I wanted done and hadn't heard back.
So the nice guy I am i called circle d this morning to square up on my bill thinking maybe someone forgot to call, nope, the bad ass company they are they did it free of charge!!
I live in canada and for me to ship it to them was $117, they cut/cleaned and shipped it back for free.
Now that is some amazing customer service.
Once it shows up i am going to try and get it back together asap, hopefully it arrives early enough today that I can do it today but we will see.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,515
The converter showed up this morning. It's all back together besides putting the driveshaft in, fill with fluid and clean up the wires with zip ties.
I extended the exhaust in fall but I am going to see if I can extend it even more, that's why the driveshaft is still not on.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The converter showed up this morning. It's all back together besides putting the driveshaft in, fill with fluid and clean up the wires with zip ties.
I extended the exhaust in fall but I am going to see if I can extend it even more, that's why the driveshaft is still not on.

Ooh goodie...

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,517
Got the exhaust done, still might extend it abit more, once it's back on the road I will see how I like the sound and go from that. Fixed up a couple small things and I can finally say it's done and ready to hit the streets once the weather gets nice.
First thing I will do is head for a alignment and then get the new parts from arb installed.
My dragy also showed up so I am pumped to try it out. I put some velcro in my cubby by my sunroof and lights overhead, I also bought a holder for my phone because the dragy will video the run through the phone along with the times.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,519
What’s going on with your leaf pack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
225k of wheeling, flexing, heavy loads and hard launches.
Lol
As long as it launches straight and they are not broken I will keep running them.

1501 - 1520 of 1521 Posts