GMC Truck Forum banner

1521 - 1524 of 1524 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,521
Any of you live in Florida by speed world drag strip?
I am thinking of going to check it out while I am here, wouldnt mind meeting up with people on the forum.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,522
I am just waiting for the weather to melt the snow so I can get the truck out and get the tune all set again after getting the Injectors cleaned and flowed.
I got a special invite for the beginning of may at a new local track opening up. It's a old air strip so they want a bunch of us to lay some rubber down, I'm fine with that as I will be able to make nitrous hits which I will then use as a baseline for my street tunes.
I did however take the truck for a little drive last weekend to the car wash to get all the dust off of it. First thing I have to do when it gets nice is get an alignment, it's horrible.
Lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,523
I have around 350k on the truck so far, just been taking it on errands and taking it easy.
I had to raise the front end back up, it was way to soft up front.
Also extending the exhaust made the truck super loud right at the speed that I drive the most, I think I am going to try putting new resonators in, the ones on the truck now are probably 6-7 years old.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,524
I havent updated in awhile.
I put new vibrant stainless bottle style resonators in, my bullets where falling apart inside. It toned the sound down abit but not enough. So I extended the exhaust to just before the rear bumper. The sound is just right now but it honestly looks stupid. I am going to paint it black and see if it kind of hides it abit, if not I will re route it so it goes between the box and the frame to hide it. I dont want to put alot of time or money into it because it will all be getting changed when I lower the truck.
I will get some pics.
I have however been driving the truck ALOT and just enjoying it. I still have to get an alignment which I am hoping I can get done next Wednesday.
We have a long weekend coming up so I am really going to try and get some nitrous hits in to get the tune dialed in incase anyone wants to line up in Mexico.
With the tracks being closed down I havent been in a rush to make any nitrous hits but I really should get it dialed in soon.

1521 - 1524 of 1524 Posts